Help with Classics Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Hey all, I need some advice on classics Skywarp. I was transforming him yesterday and one of his rear tail fins cracked. I need to know if I super glue the crack, will the tail fin still rotate or not. I drew a line where the crack is. Here is a picture.

[​IMG]

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Even if you glue it, it's still just gonna crack again. You need to sand down the edges of the fin, where it folds. That'll get rid of all the stresses that the parts endure and you won't have the problem again.

If you glue it, I suggest you knock out the pin first, take the fin off, glue it, then reassemble it.

I actually suggest you do that with all your Seekers, if you have more. Cuz this will happen with all of 'em.

3. Megatronwp38

yeah, I have all the seekers. This is the only one I have had this issue with, of the ones I have open that is. My botcon TC is so tight I won't fold them.

How do I knock out the pins?

4. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    coincidentally, this happened with my henkei starscream a few days ago. the whole rear of the plastic area you indicated snapped off. i glued it back...so far no problems.

5. Megatronwp38

Really? That sucks. This is why I always buy two before I open and why My henkei seekers will remain in the box, however now I have a cracked SW. I do have another still sealed but I never break my toys :-( This saddens me.

6. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    try using some Testors liquid plastic cement, that's what i used when i cracked a wing on my MP Starscream and it works like a charm.

7. Megatronwp38

So how do I get this pin out? I tried but it won't budge. Is there a certain end I should be trying to push it out from?

8. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    On the Seekers, I think you have to push the pin out from the back end. Try using an awl and hammer, or a thin screwdriver. It takes quite a bit of force to get the pins out, that's why a hammer is pretty much necessary.

What I actually do, is hold the part between my feet and then hold the awl or screwdriver with my left hand and the hammer with my right lol. It's weird, but it works. Other people use table vises with cloth on the inside so as not to mark or scratch the plastic of the toy. But I don't have one of those, so, like I said, I just use my feet.

9. Megatronwp38

Cool, thanks. I will have to try that tonight. I tried just superglue but it didn't work.

10. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

All of them? Acid Storm's tailfins aren't tight enough to result in stress marks let alone cracks, and Universe Starscream might be the same way.

This happens all the time with older Seekers though, so don't feel too bad about it Megatronwp38. Sometimes they were already badly stressed in the package.

This is also one of the reasons why the coneheads are truly my favorite jets.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    henkei tc won't crack, lol, too loose for that

12. Megatronwp38

Yeah Skywarp is the only one I have issues with. This happened to my 1st one the day I bought it back when they were in stores so I just returned it and got another. Now, however, I can't do that! I have transformed him so many times over the past 3 years. Sucks it happens now! :( 

13. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah

I have to check this out on my Skywarps, I had never seen this before