Help with bruticus maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deadfett, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys I missed out on initial release of both figure and add ons and before I go into looking at buying them I want to know what do I need to buy

Obviously I need Bruticus maximus, then you have explorer and multifunctioner but is there an additional pack I need?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    all you need is the munition pack and explorer pack, then one of each of the energon bruticus maximus molds

torso:the cheapest option is energon barricade
    arm:your best bet would be swindle from the ROTF target set if you are worried on price
    leg:a cheap tank mold is blast off from that set

now that is the bare minumum you need and your cheapest option if you are willing to tolorate the swindle and blast off colors on the helicoptor and tank, me, for now, i am fine with it, it actually doesn't look that bad.

you have other options, like getting the green tank and purple helicoptor from energon which i personally want, or you can go all out and get the ROTF 5 pack, which this set was made to upgrade that set

3. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    explorer and munitioner have all the combined mode bits included with them. all that's needed for bruticus is the bruticius maximus set, i have the rotf version which looks better i think. and you need explorer and munitoner.

4. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You want:
    ROTF Bruticus Maximus for original G1 colours.

FP add on sets: Kapow Toys

If you are not fussed about colours, Engergon Bruticus is another option.

Lots of people will have spare limbs for sale cheaply (I hope other posters can provide a full list of the various bot names for you). Getting a set in G1 colour's will take a little work these days ;)  For the body on it's own look for Energon Barricade OR Rotf Onslaught.

5. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone tell me his combined height with the fans project add ons?

6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Energon Barricade actually looks like a more G1 color accurate representation of Onslaught with his dark blues and tans, but I think the ROTF Bruticus Maximus set Onslaught (he's a dark olive greenish gray) fits the FP add-on sets much better as a whole with his more subdued color scheme (especially the wheels on the Bruticus feet that go on the back trailer of Onslaught in alt mode).

Throw in the Reprolabels stickers set and now you're cookin' with gas!