Fan Art: Help with a sig... I'm at a loss

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Th0r4z1n3, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    OK, ye great signature makers... I need a little help. Can someone tell me why this don't fit in my sig. other than the fact that it's too big? (123 kb)

[​IMG]

I can't seem to figure out how to drop the file size below 40 kb so that it will fit. I've checked it against other ppls sigs as far as resolution, pixles, color depth ect and I cannot figure out how to make it small enough.

It's 400 x 181 pixles, 100 pixles per inch, pixle depth is RGB 8 bits/channle

by comparison PlowKing's (not trying to single anyone out just using you as an example) sig is:

500 x 150 pixles, 100 pixles per inc, pixle pepth is RGB 8 bits/channel

but i only 34 kb in size.

Maybe it's something simple but I just don't see what I'm doing wrong, I've tried dropping the resolution (45 pixles per inch) and it actuially gained 1 kb in size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    what program are you using? it's the compression quality level of the jpg that is the problem, looks like yours is set to 100%, plowkings was set to 76%.. i could sort it out for you in a second but it would be better for you to do it yourself :)  what program are you using? if you are using photoshop, use 'save for web', it tells you the filesize in the bottom oleft of te window, you can just adjust the quality slider until you get te filesize you want

3. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    I'm using Paint Shop Pro X, I'll have to dig around to find out where to set the compression quality

4. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    kool, found it! You rock kjeevahh, thanks!!!!!!!! :music 

5. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no problem, glad to be of help :)