Help with a Prime toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NEST SOLDIER, May 22, 2012.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I'm not well informed of re-issues of the G1 Optimus with trailer, so I'd value some assistance from those of you who are well versed in this area.

I'm interested in a G1 -style Optimus Prime with trailer, but I want one for play, not one of the nicer collector types I've seen on ebay. Could anyone recommend one?

Also, are they deluxe or Voyager class? Thanks.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, do you want a g1 reissue or the classics? for reissue, Encore would be the best one for the money, or if you just want the mold, the 25th anniversary one is cheap, but looks like crap

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

How do you define cheap? I can't seem to find 25th Anniversary for under like $60...

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

They retailed at $75.

G1 Optimus/Convoy has been reissued so many times that it's impossible not to find one relatively cheap.

5. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I remember 50$ for that Prime not 75$. It went as low as 15$ or 20$ at winners.

6. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Here in the States, 25th Anniversary prime was 69.99 retail. After Tax here in CA, it cost me almost $80. It didn't sell that well in my area but there were great deals here on the Junkion Exchange last year.

If you can find one for a decent price, then its not that bad...however some prefer the Japanese reissues because they have long smoke stacks and a more vibrant red on Prime. The 25th Ann. is pretty pink in comparison.

7. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I still see that anniversary Prime at some Walmarts, all beat up and they still want $70!

8. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    G1 encore reissue is the best representation and the cheapest too. 25th anniversary edn is diarrhea. I have seen encore primes for around 100ish, not too expensive.

9. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was also the commemorative line that TRU / KB Toys and a few other retailers carried (don't remember all of them) that had the G1 Optimus with cab for $40-$50 depending on where you bought it (I think that's the one seali is referring to), I passed on the 25th because I had the commemorative.

Personally, if you can find one at a good price, I think the New Year's Edition convoy is the best one, because it's got a bit of everything plus some bonus stuff. Just my $0.02 though

10. Fartini

Fartini Banned

Just like their old "new" video games. A couple years old, totally out of the "hype" phase of their existance, and they still want top retail dollar.

11. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Cool guys, thanks for the info. I'll begin looking today.