Customs: Help with a mod

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by wipeyourfeet, Aug 27, 2008.

1. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I want to turn my Animated Lockdown into the Batmobile, as others have done. However, I have two problems/questions. First, looking at Lockdown I can see no way to modify his current head to have the ears of Batman's cowl, becuase when his head folds away, it fits exactly into his chest, with no room. Is there a way any one can think of shortening his neck, and dismantling his chest so as I can do the modifications. Also, would alcohol remove the paint apps on him, mainly the green on his vehicle mode and his chest.
    I have plans to make him different to the other customs people have done, and in my opinion make him look more 'Batmobile-y'
    Thanks in advance.

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    While I can't speak on what to do for the head, as with my LD/Dinobot bash I didn't mod anything. Maybe PM Shinobitron or hope he sees this thread. As for getting rid of the paint apps 90% or higher Iso Alcohol will do the job just fine with little to no scrubbing. I will say this DON'T put LD's head in the Iso with the light piping in place, it will crack and shatter in no time. Taking his chest apart is really easy remove his goin & hip area then remove the screw that hold the chest plate in place. If you want to remove the arms, well I'm no help here again as I never could come up with a good way to get around that stupid one sided pin.

Shinobitron's Batmobile.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/tfa-batmobile-batman-165448/

Hope I was a little helpfull.

3. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can see the arms being a problem, just looking at him.
    Shinobitron's gave me the idea, though I don't want to change the head as I feel the Lockdown one has the look of a Batman sculpt, with the jutting jaw.