HELP: Where to buy pins and screws?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

This may be a stupid question, but where would one go, preferably local, to purchase the kind of pins and screws often found in transformers? Would a Home Depot, Rona, Canadian Tire, other hardware stores carry it? Model train store? Or perhaps somewhere else? As you can tell, I have a few ideas, though I haven’t had the chance to check them out yet, and thought I’d check here for suggestions. One never knows when an unlikely answer might be suggested like a Wal*Mart, jewellery store, maybe glasses? Has anyone found luck in any of these, or others?

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    For the pins your best off finding nails in a hardware store and cutting them to size. Some of the small nails are called penny nails. For the screws, hobby shops that carry rc cars and planes supply various small screws, or you could salvage them from junker toys.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Home Depot may (but doubtful) have round rod that is as small as the pins. For screws, you may want to scout out the hobby shops, or local hardware chains as Home Depot/Lowes prettymuch just carry basic boxes of nails/screws. I know in my area there is a specialty screw shop, and a hardware store (small chain with stores 1/2 the size of Home Depot) that has aisles and aisles of different screws. Havent really looked for TF ones there yet though, but I have gotten other tiny screws there.

4. LATETFFAN

LATETFFAN Well-Known Member

I second this. I use finish nails for pins. Just cut them with wire cutter and use a file. This is the easiest and cheapest to find these small parts.