Customs: Help w/ Transformers Repairs

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Vulcadragon, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Vulcadragon

Vulcadragon New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Hello, I am VulcaDragon. I am an amateur when it comes to Transformers customization. The most I've ever done was to further detail my figures w/ paint (like leader ROTF Prime) or retouch their paint. However, I'm having a bit of trouble w/ a few of my transformers.

First off is less severe. I am pretty good when it comes to matching colors. However, I now find that my TFX-04 Protector Trailer has now chipped some of its paint. Specifically the orange-ish crest on the head. I've looked and can't find anything comparable at my local store. For the record, I use Testors Model Master Acryl. If anyone knows a good blend of those that is close to the crest, that'd be great. I will also add that my Hobby Lobby is limited in selection. So if you know of a color that is flat out the same, that'd be great too.

But my more pressing matter is broken transformers. I just bought a leader Hunt for the Decepticons Starscream at a great price yesterday. Within a few hours of having him out of the box, I started wondering if his inner toes spread out further. His left did, but his right did not. It instead broke right off. I tried some testors cement for plastic models and that didn't seem to work. I've broken a few transformers, but none prevented the figure from functioning. So I'm wondering what kind of plastic, Leader Starscream is and what to use on his poor broken toe. Also, I have a Universe 2-pack Roadbuster that needs his gun barrel reattached and a ROTF Voyager Nebular Starscream that has part of the hole that his wing plugs into broken off too. If anyone can tell me what to use on these guys, it would be great and infinitely appreciated.