Help to restore chips on MP13?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Emperor Bruticus IV, May 15, 2014.

1. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not sure if this thread has already been made, but my MP13 has quite a few paint chips from new and from display. Mainly under his feet and on a few corners. I would like to touch up the silver, Does anyone know a good match / application method who has done this before?

2. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I've got the Hasbro version, so I hope the feet are the same color as Takara's.. But I used Testors brush-on "Metallic Silver" for the plastic tabs in his feet and it matched perfectly. Sorry, I'm not sure what blue would work on the rest of him.

*On a side note, anyone know how best to restore the chrome on his "buttons"? I've rarely touched his buttons (TRYING to prevent this), but the edges have started chipping already on mine.

3. Emperor Bruticus IV

News Credits:
    Instagram:

could you provide a link to it please sir. Thank you!

4. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I'm sorry, but a link to what? If you mean a photo, I'll try to upload 1 tonight. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

5. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Well, here are the photos I promised.

Got the bottle I used, including the color number, and a shot of his feet (post-painting). Granted it wasn't my best paint job, but I don't look at his feet very often..

*Also included an image of his repainted eyes. (Used Testors "Gloss Dark Red" and a fine-tipped brush for them.)

Attached Files:

6. Emperor Bruticus IV

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thank you. There are quite a few products they make, so that will make it easier to track down here in the UK. Nice match btw

7. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

No problem, and thank you.

8. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Just an FYI, was repairing some paint on my KO MP Prowl. Found out that the paint I posted above, is the same shade for the KO's legs.

*Wish I could verify it works on the official Prowl, but I don't have that 1 available to compare.*