Help to identify Macross figure

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by unafraid, Jul 25, 2006.

1. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    I spotted a very cool Macross jet (the bigger ones). It was in robot mode with nice blue armor (light blue). Guy said it was selling for $280CAN brand new. What is it? Is the price right?

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Hmm, sounds like either a 1/55 Bandai or a Yamato 1/48.

Here's the Yamato 1/48 VF-1S w/armour

[​IMG]

And here's the 1/55 Bandai VF-1S w/armour
    http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/bandai-reissue-1s-super/super-battroid-1.JPG

If those aren't them, you can try to identify them
    Bandai identification: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_toys_bandai.htm

Yamato identification: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/_toys_yamato.htm

As far as whether $280.00 Cdn is worth it? Well, if it's a Bandai reissue VF-1S Super then I'd say no. A Bandai reissue should be around $100 U.S. (sold one to CM at that price). A vintage one may be worth that much, but you said it's brand new. If it's a Yamato 1/48 w/armour then my answer would be "maybe". It depends on which VF-1 it is (such as a VF-1J Hikaru, a VF-1S Roy, and so on). Just to give you a little perspective, the VF-1J Hikaru w/ TV fastpacks goes for about $300 U.S. However, you can get a VF-1S Roy for $150 U.S.and pick up a set of armour for about $50. Problem is that then you're paying for shipping.

So, what does that all mean? Well, I doubt it's a Bandai and if it is, it's not worth $280. If it's a Yamato 1/48 with armour (or "fast packs") then I'd say it's a little above average but not too bad. This is something you saw in stores right? Not online? Hope this helps. If you need anymore info, pix, or clarification just let me know.

3. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Yamato 1/48 scale Macross Super VF-1J Max Valkyrie.

[​IMG]

As for the price I am not sure about since 1/48 Valks cost about $115(USD) plus shipping and since this one comes with the FAST Pack add on another $60(USD) which would make the total being $175(USD) plus shipping.

Of course when you compute rarity into the mix, it could be anything.

4. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    I think that's the one! It looks awesome.

5. CdnShockwave

Crap, I totally forgot about Max and his blue valk! :lol 

But those things fetch a pretty penny these days. They're hard enough just to find let alone scrounge up the cash to buy one. Although, I'd say $280 U.S. for that one would be a nice catch. I paid $300 for my Hikaru w/fastpacks and it's the only one I've ever seen available.

**edit: I'll do a price check for you and get back to you on the results.

6. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    It's $280CAN - %15, then I'm trading him back the Webdiver stuff I got from him the other day ($140CAN) and I pay the difference, or something like that.

7. CdnShockwave

Well, I got a rather interesting response from the price check I posted at MW. This is what the guy said:

"No.
    At some point in the futre its gonna be re-released.
    I wouldn't do it.
    best of luck"

He raises an interesting point... since Yamato has been doing a lot of re-releases lately.

Although... then again you are trading for a good chunk of him. So... I guess it's your call. Price wise I'd say it's alright.

I'm not helping much, am I...

8. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Some point in the future could be months if not years, so...

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you should hold out. CAD$280 is still alot unless you have been a long time Macross fan.

10. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    You have to factor in the cost of importing that Japanese crap here. For sure you can get it for cheaper oversea, but then those retards charge you $60 for shipping.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, can't say I blame ya for getting excited. Over here I get my Macross stuff for around US$65-70 because my import stores ship them directly from China or Hong Kong.