Help? Thoughts? Real or Fake ? 1985 Bumblebee MOC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Buzzetta, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Buzzetta

Buzzetta Well-Known Member

So I want to preface this by saying that I bought this last year off of eBay. I was listing items on eBay in an effort to thin out the collection. A buyer purchased this from me and an hour after buying it, messaged me, that they believe it to be a fake. This is NOT a dispute with the buyer, as the buyer has no interest in wronging me especially by pointing it out before I actually ship it.

So was the buyer right? I am already refunding his money. It is not a question of making someone pay for something they are already questioning. The thing here is, was I myself sold a fake?

Here are all the pictures including my paypal receipt for when I bought it. (That took a bit of time to dig up)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  3. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought centered holepunches were a giveaway for KO Mini-Bots, right? As far as I know, legit Mini-Bots should have the holepunch off-center.

The "!" in "TRANSFORMERS FROM ROBOT TO MINICAR AND BACK!" is missing the dot...the R in the ® looks to be the wrong font, as well.

Also, and I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the bubble's edge should be closer to the edge of the card.

MIKE
    engledogg

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    ^ Ye, the Registered trademark and the exclamation marks look dodgy.

5. Avengers

Avengers Banned

It looks fake.

I remember the 1984 Minibots being transformed into vechicle modes on the blister card bubbles.

6. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    So they were making KO's back when these were first out? Or did they make them years later?

I wonder if I had any KO's as a kid? lol They seemed real to me at the time.

7. Buzzetta

I am now leaning towards 'fake' the more that I look at what the rest of you are talking about. I compared it to pics of AFA graded samples. What I find most annoying is that I won this through bidding on it. This was not like an impulse buy where I clicked a BIN.

This is why I don't buy my expensive comic books unless they are CGC graded. It could be worse... I am only out $61

Next step... I would like to contact the original seller: Ying Man Kuen... thoughts on that?

I want to thank everyone for responding by the way. As you can see I joined up here around 2007. I do not post much, but I do lurk. I appreciate the responses and the time given.

8. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

Just so you know, the seller who you bought it from is not obligated to refund you your 61 dollars since it has been >45 days for buyers to make a claim on Paypal. So hopefully if you contact him/her, they will refund you your money and let you return it out of the goodness of their heart; but you have a better chance of winning the lottery than that happening. You are better just swallowing the 61 dollars and chalk it up to experience of being more careful of buying MOSC/MISB Transformers (especially from overseas) than going through the headache of requesting a refund. Just my .02 cents. :) 

9. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the double post, but the thing that jumped out at me of this being a fake, is along with bumblebee not being in vehicle form while sealed on the card, something all minibots were in, but the bubble on the card is sitting to high on the card art itself. IIRC, the bubbles for the figures on cards were to the lower-right, just below the image.

10. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Center punch hole is the dead give away. Official releases had the hole to the right side of the card to make up for weight balance when hanging.

http://finalfrontiertoys.com/media/...2d/B/u/Bumblebee_AFA_80-80-85-90_16464419.jpg

Pre rub minibots were in vehicle form. The majority with rub and beyond are in Robot form.

11. Buzzetta

Everything you said was correct about the vehicle form. There are a few AFA authenticated samples of them in robot form.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/collections/images/7824-2/025+AFA+Bumblebee.JPG

12. Buzzetta

Oh... I was not going to write and ask for a refund. I was going to let them know that what they sold me was fake. I am just trying to figure out the tone in which I will use.

13. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    near as I can tell there are no rub symbol minibots in vehicle form on sealed cards Bumblebee or otherwise.

bumblebee mosc g1 - Google Search

and in our very own community we had a thread with some information as well:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...71-mosc-g1-bumblebee-w-rub-sign-car-mode.html

and now you know and knowing...well you know...