HELP! setting up X-Box Live

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Oct 2, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I just got Transformers Fall of Cybertron for the X-Box. I've never owned an X-Box before, I played War for Cybertron on the PC, so I need some help setting up an X-Box Live account so that I can actually get on the Multiplayer.

first off I'm asking for help here because I've looked on their web site and the only way I can get any help there is if I have an account already. If I had an account I wouldn't need the help so that's kinda stupid.

It gets worse. The problem I'm having setting up my account is that when I try to sign up for an account it says I already have one which is impossible sense as I said I've never owned an X-Box before. I go to sign into the account and then it says the account doesn't exist which makes sense because I haven't signed up for one yet. So what I have here is a catch 22 I can't sign up for an account because it thinks I already have one and I can't sign into an account because it doesn't actually exist.

So what the heck am I suppose to do? At least I can still play the single player in the mean time but I was hoping there might be some people around here that can help me solve my problem so I can get on the multiplayer.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    is it used?

3. SaberPrime

I bought the X-Box from my cousin and trying to create a new profile for myself on it. It's not really a problem with the X-Box itself just the account information.

Basically I type in my e-mail to set up account, it tells me it's already in use, I go to log in using the same e-mail and it tells me it's an invalid e-mail address. It shouldn't already be in use because I don't have an existing account yet so I don't understand why it keeps telling me my e-mail is already in use.

4. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Do you have a Windows LIVE account? Like for MSN messenger and every other Microsoft site? If so, just go through the account creation process on the dashboard. It should work just fine, all of their stuff is tied in together like that.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    have you tried just setting up an offline account then at the dashboard just setting up xbox live gold? if you have and that didn't work, i'd advise wiping the hard drive

1 Turn on your XBox 360, remove any discs from the tray (if applicable), and then navigate to My XBox, System Settings, and click Memory.

2 Select your hard drive from the list of storage devices, and then press the Y button on your controller to view the Device Options menu.

3 Click Format, and select Yes to reformat your hard drive. If prompted, type in your system's serial number (on a sticker on the back side of the console) and click Done. Your XBox 360 hard drive will now be wiped.

The Constructicon's advise would probably work better than mine though

6. SaberPrime

No I do not.

I'm starting to think I need to create a Hotmail account sense the problem appears to be with my e-mail. I guess they don't like me trying to create a X-Box live account with a Yahoo e-mail address.

7. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try making an account on the website rather than on the xbox, it'll be a lot faster and easier to understand.
    Then you use the same details when you make your gamertag on the actual console.
    Hope this helps!

8. SaberPrime

That's great advice unfortunately I already tried that. I probably should of mentioned that in my first post so not you're fault, you didn't know that.

- = edit = -

I just created a Hotmail e-mail account and it let me right in so I guess it just doesn't like Yahoo. Anyway I did kinda screw something up and created a whole different profile so I'm glad I wasn't too far into the single player yet because now I have to start over.

I do have a new question now. I don't need the other profile sense it has no Live access so how do I delete it? I guess I could just ask my cousin sense he some how managed to delete his entire profile off the X-Box before he sold it to me.