Help! Seeking replacement 2011 Botcon set

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by MagicDishwasher, Jul 16, 2011.

1. MagicDishwasher

MagicDishwasher Roustabout

News Credits:
    Help! Seeking replacement 2010 Botcon set

Hey guys, so I just received some of the worst news a Transformer fan can get. A package I shipped from San Francisco to Baltimore was discovered in a sorting facility, the contents "can not currently be accounted for." The contents of that box were a complete Masterpiece Megatron, TFCC G2 Ramjet, TFCC Cheetor, the 2010 G2 Redux boxset, and the 2011 Stunti-con Job boxset. As of now, all of these items are most likely lost to me.

After having shipped nearly 30 packages across the country with no problem, I didn't really fear losing this most important of boxes. Still, I was somewhat paranoid so this was the only box I shipped priority and the only one to receive insurance. Of course, against all odds, it is also the only box to not arrive. The insurance is not going to cover anywhere near the full amount though, and I won't see a dime of it for who knows how long.

I've been collecting Transformers for over a decade, and those two sets were the first full convention sets I've ever owned- they were also my only big ticket splurges of 2010 and 2011. I saved for months to afford them, picked them up in person, and in the case of the most recent set, enjoyed them for less than a month.

I want to replace each of these pieces, but can't afford to do so all at once. I've managed to track down a replacement Ramjet and 2011 set thanks to some very kind board members, and now I'm after a new 2010 set.

If anyone reading this has an extra set that they'd be willing to let go, I'm trying to find a complete loose or boxed set for under the $210 it's offered by FunPub. To help get the price that low, I have for trade all four of the DOTM Target exclusives, MISB. I also have a sealed, complete 2010 G2 Cindersaur.

I'm sorry for the long post, for the sob story. I just know that if there is one place where people will hear and understand the immensely sucky circumstances I'm in now, it would be here. So thanks for reading, and if you can help me with the healing process, please pm me.

Thanks,
    Gabe

2. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    I can help you with the TFCC Ramjet and the 2011 Botcon Box Set. Both are new.

You can PM me for details, and we'll see if we can reach a deal. Doesn't look like you've been around here for too long.. advance warning.. I will heavily scrutinize the situation for any possiblity of a scam. No offense. ;) 

3. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

Remember I am trading you my Ramjet for your Rapido. I'll let you know when I get him in

4. MagicDishwasher

News Credits:
    High Prime- Thanks for the consideration; I sent a pm your way. Go ahead and put me through the ringer!- I'm an honest guy looking to rebuild, that's all.

Eman7673- No worries. I mentioned in my pm to High Prime that Ramjet is spoken for. Just lemme know when you have it in hand.

5. MagicDishwasher

News Credits:
    Help! Seeking Botcon 2010 set

Hey guys, so I recently received some of the worst news a Transformer fan can get. A package I shipped from San Francisco to Baltimore was discovered in a sorting facility, the contents "can not currently be accounted for." The contents of that box were a complete Masterpiece Megatron, TFCC G2 Ramjet, TFCC Cheetor, the 2010 G2 Redux boxset, and the 2011 Stunti-con Job boxset. As of now, all of these items are most likely lost to me.

After having shipped nearly 30 packages across the country with no problem, I didn't really fear losing this most important of boxes. Still, I was somewhat paranoid so this was the only box I shipped priority and the only one to receive insurance. Of course, against all odds, it is also the only box to not arrive. The insurance is not going to cover anywhere near the full amount though, and I won't see a dime of it for who knows how long.

I've been collecting Transformers for over a decade, and those two sets were the first full convention sets I've ever owned- they were also my only big ticket splurges of 2010 and 2011. I saved for months to afford them, picked them up in person, and in the case of the most recent set, enjoyed them for less than a month.

With all this in mind, I'm begging someone to help. I want to replace each of these pieces, but can't afford to do so all at once. I've managed to track down a replacement Ramjet and 2011 set thanks to some very kind board members, and now I'm after a new 2010 set.

If anyone reading this has an extra set that they'd be willing to let go, I'm trying to find a complete loose or boxed set for under the $210 it's offered by FunPub. To help get the price that low, I have for trade all four of the DOTM Target exclusives, MISB. I also have a sealed, complete 2010 G2 Cindersaur.

I'm sorry for the long post, for the sob story. I just know that if there is one place where people will hear and understand the immensely sucky circumstances I'm in now, it would be here. So thanks for reading, and if you can help me with the healing process, please pm me.

Thanks,
    Gabe

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. SamiKai

SamiKai Well-Known Member

I sent a PM to a friend seeing if he is still getting rid of his 2010 set. Hopefully he will PM you. If he replies to me instead of you I will let you know if he has it still.

Also you really should have made this 1 thread with your 2011 set want.

***http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/346189-new-junkion-rules-12-4-2010-everyone-read.html

6. One "buy/sale/trade" and one "want" thread at a time.
    You can have one "For sale/trade" thread open at a time. In addition to that one, you can have one separate "Wanted" thread open. If you have a thread on the first 10 pages, then simply add to or edit that thread.

8. MagicDishwasher

News Credits:
    Thanks for putting the word out- haven't heard anything yet, but fingers crossed.

Sorry for the double post. I'll get it right in the future, and if there's anything that can be done to merge the threads now, I'm all for it. I'm a little new to this, so thanks for setting me straight.

9. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    bump for my cousin who got screwed by the post office :( 

10. MagicDishwasher

News Credits:
    Bump. Wish the thread title said 2010 set instead of 2011...

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. MagicDishwasher

News Credits:
    Oh, wow, so BBTS lowered their price again. It was still $325 just a few days ago. I bought the 2010 set at Botcon, so I'm eligible for the $210 loose set. I just replaced the much more costly 2011 set though, so ideally I'd like to find a set for around $150 or $170 after trades.

Here's hoping!