Customs: Help Request

Discussion in 'Requests' started by StructuralDefect, Oct 8, 2008.

1. StructuralDefect

StructuralDefect Active Member

Ebay:
    Afternoon all,
    Id like to begin with a big thank you to all from this section of this site, im not one for forums too much so rarely post but do lurk quite a lot and have found much inspiration from Radicons etc. over the last year doing minor mods on some of my TF's.
    I have a request, last year i bought a G1 Sixshot from eBay, got him for a great price and he is pretty much pristeen to go with it, he was down from his pride of place on one of the shelves up in my living room along with some other G1 guys for some cleaning.
    So their happily on my dining table when one of my lizards who had been peacefully passed out on my shoulder for the previous couple of hours chose that moment to have a little skit, jumping from my shoulder onto the table and knocking Trypticon and Sixshot onto the floor.
    No damage at all to Trypticon and i must say he bounces quite nicely :p  but Sixshot was damaged slightly, as he was in jet mode at the time and landed 'nose first' on the floor one of the halves of his nose cone has sheared from the body, basically the large blocks that hang from his kness in robot mode.
    After much crawling about and cursing of Bearded Dragons everywhere ( not helping that by this point hes climbed half way up Trypticons back and gone straight back to sleep ) i found the pieces that had snapped off.
    Now unfortunately the connecting part for the nose cone sides is a pin joint ( ? not sure of proper term ) and both sides that held the pin in place have sheared off, now if i simply glue it back on will it hold properly ?
    I know this is awkward without pictures of the broken part but any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I think you can use Superglue, but keep moving the joint till the glue dries or it will be stuck in one position forever. We need some pics to see what is exactly broken, though.

3. StructuralDefect

StructuralDefect Active Member

Ebay:
    hmm ok il see what i can do about getting a clear photo of the broken part and the piece from Sixshot, how would i go about uploading a piccy ? cant see a way of doing it in the reply bit, also whats the largest size thats able to be uploaded if anyone knows ? my compact cameras off for repair which leaves me with my wifes work SLR, so annoyingly large files.