Help Request: Worst Logic Offenses of G1 Cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kinoko_Otoko, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Kinoko_Otoko

Kinoko_Otoko Unenlightened

I'm writing a fanfic that plays up the nonsensical nature of a lot of the G1 cartoon episodes, and I'd like to get some good examples of the worst, most senseless things that happen (or are implied). My prime example is of course the origin of the Constructicons, which is contradicted twice, for a total of 3 different takes, all in the same continuity.

What are some of the others? I'm talking about the kinds of things that make you think, 'Man, that can't be right' or 'Whoever is telling this story is forgetting something/leaving something out' or 'Whoever is telling this story is drunk'. Things like the Dinobots getting knocked off a cliff into a tar pit despite having flown to the island in the first place (including Swoop... although that might have been in the comic).

I'm currently working my way through the G1 cartoon and finding things myself, but I'm lazy and I know you guys love excuses to talk about these kinds of things.

Note I'm not particularly talking about animation errors, although if there are some that have interesting implications or that seem to be a real part of the story I'm all ears.

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not to burst your wonderful idea [not sarcasm I like the idea]

But theres really no solid contradiction in the origin of the Constructicons.

If you need me to clarify I can.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The cartoon couldn't make up its mind as to whether the Autobots could fly or otherwise.

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ones I can immediately think of:

* Hauler.
    * The Megatron/Constructicons chicken-and-egg situation.
    * Autobot Spike. The episode and entity.
    * Autobots disguised as Stunticons.
    * Shooting 3 dots on Bruticus' back to bring him down. 3 dots that were never seen before or afterward.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    A Prime Problem. "We have two Optimus Primes, one is the real deal, the other one a remote-controlled Decepticon automaton. Which one is the real one? LET'S HAVE A RACE!"

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Recently there was a nice episode of Transformers Abridged on YouTube playing with the fact.

After the Autobots fall out of the sky, Optimus just says "Told you so..." :lol 

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Optimus Prime being able to magically remote control other dismembered parts of his body and still defeat half the Decepticon army in the process :lol 

Also, Wheelie.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Oh, gosh...there are so many. But some of the ones that really stand out...

* Prime can fly in "More Than Meets The Eye" Part 2, yet in the same episode Megatron tries to knock Prime off the ledge he's hanging onto.

* The Decepticon Seeker armada that appears suddenly in MTMTE and disappears just as quickly.

* In MTMTE Part 3, the Autobots hilariously attempt to disguise themselves as humans by wearing labcoats. "Robots in Disguise" indeed! :lolol 

[​IMG]

* Arguably the most significant logic offense: In the close of MTMTE Part 3, the Autobots are all prepped and ready to depart for Cybertron, yet they never leave.

But for me, this one always tops the list:

* In "Make Tracks", although Megatron has "no known weaknesses", a human named Raoul is inexplicably able to find and exploit one by opening Megatron's torso plate and spraying his innards with what appears to be spray paint:

[​IMG]

10. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Reversing a rocket engine's polarity turns it into an energy vacuum? Who'da thunk it? :dunce 

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Millions of years later, Wheeljack's lab isn't even dusty and nothing has been moved.

12. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

This post made me fall out of my chair in a fit of nostalgia driven laughter lol.

13. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

It's like reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. It can accomplish so many things!

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figure Cybertron doesn't have dust & noone has been in there to move stuff.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lol  god i love 80s cartoon

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I figure over the course of millions of years someone would have stumbled upon the place. Especially if it was packed with useful parts and equipment.

Or what about that the word of a mayoral candidate could be enough to force the Autobots to leave the planet while the Decepticons stay, despite months of well-witnessed attacks, thefts, and mayhem by the Decepticons and months of charity races, technological cooperation, and youth interaction by the Autobots.

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    -The idea that robots can get drunk on their equivalent of water.

-"Oh, wow! A tape deck with a Decepticon symbol on it! I think I'll just bring it inside the Autobot base and leave it somewhere..."

A fan-made explaination doesn't erase the error itself. Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I don't think this is a discussion on the continuity itself as much as it's about writers' intent and the silly things about the show.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn right! Lets not do something stupid like - having each Optimus point to a random Autobot and try get his name right. (Though to be fair, the Real Optimus can mess up Spike's name sometimes too)

19. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

What, no-one's mentioned B.O.T.? That one has some moneumental stupidity. Like how a robot made by three students using Brawl's brain can somehow outwit three Autobots. Said robot can also knock down said Autobots with a tray of corn. And then there's Megatron's incredibly over-complicated plan involving a moon-controlling device that only Bruticus can operate because...DERPITY DO. And so, so much more...

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Everyone tries to forget B.O.T. existed.