Customs: help removing zap-a-gap

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by kryptofred, Jul 7, 2010.

1. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    does anyone know how to get zap-a-gap off of fingers? My bottle leaked while I was using it and I glued my fingers to the lable. now I've got peices of the lable stuck to my fingers. It's a whole mess. Any ideas?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I did the same thing when i first got Zap a Gap. Hate to say it, but i haven't found a good way yet, just have to resort to a crap load of water asap, and then, um, forcefully get it off. It hurts, but i've yet to find a chemical that destroys Zapa Gap, without destroying me.

3. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Thanks dude. I tried everything. Manicurists Pure Acetone helped a lot. I've still got it all over my fingernails and tips, but after a combination of soaking and hard scrubing I managed to get the biggest chunks off and have regained the ability to feel things again.

Unfortunatley I did it over my kitchen sink while it was full of dishes so now there are little spots of either acetone or zap-a-gap or both all over everything. Hopefully the wife doesn't make the connection or then there's gonna be real trouble!

4. Treadshot A1

Well, i can't help ya with the sink problem, i made sure there wasn't anythig in there beforehand...

I better track down that Acetone, though, it's always dangerous to use Zap a Gap. I'm just surprised acetone doesn't hurt your hands as well.

5. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    use Manicurists acetone. That's the stuff chicks use to disolve fake nails, so you know it's safe.

6. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I get Zapagap on my fingers I usually... sand it off with a file... :) 

I've done it a couple of times already and it hasn't left any permanent damage. Plus it doesn't hurt as much as pulling it off.

Be sure to read the part of the label that says that skin exposed to zapagap may not grow back :D 

7. Treadshot A1

^Ouch. Although, i've once removed it with a really slow speed dremel sanding disk...

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home...