Help removing G1 Siren's small chest flap

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by flywheels, May 4, 2012.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First of all if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it mods.

I need to remove the small flap on G1 Siren's chest that covers the little tech spec gimmick. I noticed that the hinge has a metal rod holding it in place. Each end where the rod is inserted are rounded plastic and are slightly embedded.

Does anyone know 1) if you can remove this flap w/o breaking anything (I need to remove it and transfer it to another body) and 2) if you can remove it what is the best way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I too would like to know how to do this. The hard part is that the metal rod is only exposed on ONE end, meaning you can't just push the metal rod out. You have to extract it out :( 

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Jagermeister, and some R. Kelly in the background :thumbs2: 

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Is it just the flap you want to keep undamaged? I mean is the actual body a junky one you're not too worried about breaking? Because if so you could perhaps break the part of the joint that's the body and then when you have the flap with pin free use pliers to grab the exposed pin in the centre part and slide it along and out the side hole. I did it once with something else (not a TF) but only because the bit I didn't want to keep was junked so much anyway it was going in the trash after the plastic surgery.

I must admit I don't actually have Siren but looking at photos online perhaps you're able to open his body up and get to the pin from inside the body and do the same as what I suggested above but without breaking anything to do so.

Anyways, probably best to wait and see if anyone with more knowledge and experience might answer, but I'm just throwing those suggestions out there in case none better come up. For all I know there's a really clever simple trick to doing what you ask.

5. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I need to move the flap from a junker body to a new body. What's happening is this. I won a vintage Go Shooter for insanely cheap and the only thing wrong is the chest flap covering the tech spec HM gimmick is missing. I want to buy a Siren junker and remove this piece so I can paint it white, add a new reprolabel and install it on Go Shooter.

I was looking at my Siren the other day and I too thought I may be able to open him uip from the back. I may just go ahead and pick up the junker and give this a try...

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I wish you luck and success.