Help!! Question to long time ebayers.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by encline, Aug 31, 2007.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey everyone. I got a question about shipping. This is a lesson learned, always get inssureance.

So here goes. I shipped out a custom I did UPS, the it show delieverd. The winning bidder said they did not recieve it. The notes on the package left by UPS said that it was left on the porch, then another said it was left at a diffrent apt#, there next door niebor. No the winner is saying this is my problem and wants a full refund. I do not see where this is my problem. The customer got a great deal on shipping, and DID NOT PAY FOR INSURANCE OR ANY OTHER OPTIONS. They are saying this is my fault. I know there are plenty of guys that ship stuff UPS on here. So I am wondering, even though I did my part of listing the product on ebay, selling and shipping it at a price choosen by the winner, packaged it up and took it to the UPS store, how is it MY PROBLEM that they did not get it, although the status is showing delievered. For all I know this person could just be wanting there product for free. And if in fact they do not have the item, sounds like UPS'S problem, not ours. I made two offers, I could refund what the inssurance covered, or take the money and paint them another product. Does anybody have any ideas? thanks

2. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    You have done all you can do as a seller and ebay/paypal will see it that way.You have a tracking confermation that said the package was delivered and the subject did not request or purchase insurance. Now if you want to be a nice guy you can refund or repaint thats up to you but like I said you did everything you could do as a seller.

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you need to get ahold of ups and see whats up with those guys. i hve had more stuff damaged by ups than anyone else. if you have the tracking number, go to your local ups and ask some questions. i may be that the guy is trying to scam you. just ask some questions man.

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    You have tracking information that should say the address you put on his package. If it was his address and tracking shows that they left it at the wrong one, then he needs to make a claim with UPS, and also probably have a talk with his neighbor.

Blame becomes difficult when it's the USPS, but with UPS tracking it's quite clear-cut. as long as you put the right address on there, it's his (and UPS's) problem.

5. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    The shipper is required to file a claim against UPS, not the receiver. Did you insure your package at all? Default is $50, if you didn't.

6. encline

News Credits:
    Just curious, you are the only one that has said this. Why? I'm just wondering. All the others say once I have the comformation that it is delieverd, I can't realy do anymore. Also, why should I have to pay for insurance out of my own pocket if the buyer did not request it? Not trying to be a prick, I just want to know your view point.

7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The shipper is the one who has to file a claim with UPS, since the shipper is the one that paid them. Shipping companies do not see an obligation to the receiver, only to the person that pays them. The receiver can raise hell with UPS and maybe get something done, but like any other company, they only get motivated when they have to give money back. If they can prove the receiver got the package rather than have to pay, then they will.

barely OT: Situations like this are why I used to have a laminated note on my door that said "Attn USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL: Please do not leave packages here, even if no signature is required. Leave the delivery slip and hold items at the depot and they will be picked up". Only one delivery person ignored the note, and once I tore someone's head off at UPS for doing it, even they paid attention. Then I never had to worry about packages left on my doorstep.

8. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    He's just saying the even if the buyer didn't purchase insurance, UPS automatically gives you 50.00 so it's covered up to that amount regardless so on that you would be covered. If ups delivered it to the wrong place, possible, but unlikely, then the buyer has a case with ups, not you. Honestly it sounds like a scam to me and if his next door neighbor got a package wouldn't he give it to him? I mean how possible is it that 2 transfrmr fans live next to each other and are enemies, well except for ops and megs living in Cybertron Villas... ;) 

9. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

One thing you can be sure is, with that deliever confirmation on hand, paypal will side with you.

10. encline

News Credits:
    Awsome guys. That helps a lot. Especially knowing pay pal is on my side. Yeah, at this point I am thinking scam as well.

11. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

ups sucks!!

i had 5 different packages lost from them.

12. encline

News Credits:
    What happened?

13. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Yeah, UPS blows. I have shipped using UPS to Canada 3 times, and twice had to file a claim because the box and items were just destroyed. Oh, and you are automatically covered up to $100 with UPS, not $50. I should know...both of the smashed boxes were uninsured and over $50, but got 100% reimbursement from UPS.

FedEx is just as bad, if not worse. Those assholes never leave packages at the right house in my area. I even had them drop one of my things in front of an apartment building (not even inside the front door) where it sat for 2 weeks before the UPS man; of all people, came to my house and told me it was thereā€¦even though he didn't have anything to deliver to my house. The best part was...it was financial documents that someone easily could have used to steal my identity. FedEx is no longer aloud to deliver to my house. Everything must be held at the terminal.

14. carlodibi

carlodibi Banned

yeah ups and fedx is really bad!! do not use them. the delivery people are like young 20 year olds. they dont care. they leave packages at wrong houses all the time!!

honestly the postal service is the way to go!!

15. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I don't like UPS solely for the fact that they knock on my door at like 7 in the morning. And I don't mean, a nice civilized knock, I mean an "OMFG THIS IS THE POLICE! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR" knock. >.>

16. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    They always come to my house 5 minutes after I leave for work(2:30pm). Never fails. Just found out my clear BT-18 Mirage is shipping UPS from BBTS...oh gees.

17. lildevilchick

:lol  When I was living in California that's what UPS did to me...sorta. They would show up like 10 minutes before I got home from school. =/ Here in FL they show up early with the crazy police knock.

18. encline

News Credits:
    That rocks!!! You should run out the door screaming past them.

19. lildevilchick

HAHA. Maybe I will. :lol