Help... pleeeeaaassseee...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I payed $184 for SDCC Bruticus, and now Swindle's arm pin that swivels the arm upward slides out every time I slide the piece forward or backward and I have to tire myself out just pushing it in with a toenail clipper.
    Is there any way to fix this? The crappy plastic they're using now has rubbed away and the pin slides out every time I move the piece forward or backward to rotate it up and down. It's the left one, by the way. Also, my camera is broken so no pictures... anyway, is there a way to prevent this? If there isn't, my SDCC Bruticus was a big f*cking waste of $184 unless I keep Swindle in vehicle mode at all times.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    How was Swindle having a faulty pin the only thing making the $184 you paid a complete waste? You've still got four other combaticons in the game accurate colors and I'm pretty sure Swindle's leg mode will still work without causing pin trouble, although I don't have any FoC Combaticons so I can't say for sure. Especially since I have no idea of the range of the exact part without pictures, but as you stated you can't provide those right now. The best suggestion I can give is to try and coat the exposed part of the pin with a thin layer of nail polish before trying to coax it back into place to thicken it and provide the necessary friction.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Mine does this too. I just clamp on a pair of pliers when transforming it. I also put a spot of glue on both sides. I don't think this is the best solution but is a solution. Sort of.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Hopefully that part is the same color on the retail version, then you can do a bit of part swapping.

5. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Honestly, I just let the pins have their little bit of leeway. They pop out the back a little bit, but after a bit of tweaking, the pins don't protrude too far, and the shoulders hold in place just fine. Then again, after I find a retail Bruticus or get G2 Dudicus shipped (I'd hope the former would happen first), the SDCC one is becoming a display piece anyway, so it hardly matters for me.

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

You can try to build up a extra layer on the pin. by applying clear nail polish or crazy glue to the pin. wait a few days to let it dry. then insert the pin back into swindle. the pin with the extra layer should fit more tight and stay in place.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Mine comes out so far I could probably easily pull the entire pin out by hand.

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Be careful with the super glue, you only need to glue the surface at the end of the pin and then push it back in so that it's only glued to that part of the plastic.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Because I like to transform toys often, and it's a big hassle for Swindle.
    I will try the nail polish thing, though. Thanks.

I was thinking about trying that, but it also happens on both sides (Both sides of the pin, not both pins), so it slides out towards the chestplate so I don't think I could fit pliers on that side.

I was thinking about just ignoring it...

I'm afraid to pull out the pin...

That's why I have a problem.

10. OptimusLove14

OptimusLove14 Well-Known Member

I suggest using the nail polish idea ppl suggested. Liquid band-aid can work too, but it takes longer to dry (but may be more durable).