Help please (Jetfire G1)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by -Barricade-, Jan 10, 2008.

1. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    I was wondering if there is a variation in the paint jobs on G1 Jetfire's armor?
    If so does anyone have a pic the 2 variations, or a pic of the variation thats not listed on TWF2005's gallery?
    Thanks for the help.

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Sofar as I know Jetfires armor only comes in one colour. Any other colour of armor is from the Robotech series (eg. grey).

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    barricade, can you provide pics of the differences you found?

4. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Jetfire only ever came in one paint scheme, there's the issue of some of them having a macross marking(can't remember where it is), but that's different. Anything else should be a 1/55 scale macross valkyrie.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It was on the wing, I believe. I've never heard of a variation on the armour colour either, though.

6. -Barricade-

News Credits:
    I don't have any proof, it was meant more as a question because I bought a g1 Jetfire this week that needs his leg armor.
    When I was looking on ebay for the parts I thought they looked a little different from the one I had in the past, but I could just be forgetting what mine looked like back then.
    If there is no known variation thats the info I need. Thanks :) 

7. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
    only variation is the wing logo, It's called a matshushiro.

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/VarJetfireMacrossToy.html

If you find a jetfire with different colored armor you might have gotten one where someone swtched or replaced the original armor with a macross set, the macross valks are the exact same mold but they had different colors.

8. -Barricade-

News Credits:
  9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually there is a slight color variation in the red paint used on the bot. A darker red was used first on the Macross version and a carry over. It changed to a lighter red. As for the armor the only difference is the numbers on the inside. Single digit numbers without letters are consistant with the Macross version. There are actually several differences in molding when you compare the g1 versus Macross bots. Not just the wing, head, and canopy as most think. I have all three versions. Macross painted, Macross sticker, and g1. I will try to do a comparision including armor soon. Just been so busy lately.

10. -Barricade-

News Credits:
    Cool, I would like to see them. I think when I was a kid I had that dark canopy version.
    Would you mind posting them here, I would love to see this thread build up a bit.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=162485

11. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Are we talking differences on the figure Jetfire or Jetfire's armor here ? It's swinging back and forth.

Jetfire's armor comes in one colour only = red.
    The Jetfire figure come in MANY variations that both on the outside and the inside.
    Jetfire with painted macross symbol or macross symbol stick, and with no symbols at all. Dark or clear canopy, and canopy with frame or no frame bar. Clean head lasers or head lasers with indents etc