Help on how to spot a FAKE Starscream G1

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by snupe81, Apr 1, 2010.

1. snupe81

snupe81 Member

I am looking into buying a G1 Starscream,but trying see if anyone know how to spot a fake one. I can only find on google about how to spot other fake transformers,but this one.

Also I am looking @ one on ebay,but not sure of it. He states it says on his leg (hasbro 1980,1983 "some japanese markings" takara co.ltd. 1980,1983 japan).I dont know what othe questions to ask about transformers.

Any help I would be greatful for.
    Thanks.

Transformers - G1 - Starscream MIB - eBay (item 220574489276 end time Apr-17-10 14:03:47 PDT)

2. snupe81

snupe81 Member

Also you see its in a different language. I had google a translator to see what it says.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Look's legit to me, but I don't know as much as others around here. I kind of find the magic-marker touch up kind of amusing.

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Gerrutcamaro's a decent seller. And AFAIK, there haven't been any KOs of Starscream, so you should be safe.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Definitely legit.

As LR said, Starscream has never been KO'd so you are safe with this figure. Go for it man!

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm not sure about Starscream, but I do remember seeing knock-off's of the same figure a long time ago. I remembered it was sold in a gift-shop as a loose toy figure.

7. snupe81

snupe81 Member

Awesome to hear hes hasnt been a KO.I just really want to make sure since its from Netherlands and Im in the USA.

Anyone else have opinion on this before I buy it.

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

It's fairly safe to buy Starscream because like others said, it's not part of the newer chinese KO line.
    The only problem buyer have to watch out is reissues, because this is a figure which has been reissued with pretty much every reissue line(Takara/Hasbro/TakaraBookStyle/Encore)
    It's easy to identify the body because reissues have the "made in china" stamp. (Orignal one have either the "Made in Japan" stamp, or no stamp at all)
    It's not an easy task to identify the parts however, unless you are buying a pre-rub seeker, which had some significant molding difference. The reissues were using the same mold as the rubsign one.