Help On Digibashing!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Emperor Bruticus IV, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hey i was wondering if any of you guys could explain to me on how you digi bash all these colour schemes on transformers??? ive tried using photoshop but dont have a clue on how to do it without losing all the mold details etc...
    If someone could briefly explain to me, much would be apreciated and i will produce loadsa cool digi bashes in the furture...thanks

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Call Adobe Tech Support

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. Because it's just such a "tech support" matter, isn't it. :rolleyes2 

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I work for Adobe Tech Support, if you pay, we do "How To" help as well.

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Digibashing is easy. Basically, you get an image of a toy, or anything really, that you want to digibash, on you computer in a file format that you can import or use in a paint or photoshop program. once you have the image open in the program, figure out which tool lets you select "similar" colours. (It's usually a combination of the lasso tool found in MS paint in combination with one of the menus at the top where you can select similar) Once you have figured that out, what you do is select the part you want to change the colour of by lassoing a small part of it. Then select "similar". The program should then select all of the parts in the image that have that colour. then you can recolour them. I'm drunk right now, and I've never digibashed before, so if I messed anything up, please point us in the right direction.:drunk 

7. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

There are many procedures you could use depending on the effect you want. Do not "paint" with a full opacity if you want to keep highlights, shadows etc. Simplest measure could be an adjustment of selective color (colour).
    Don't be afraid of help files, adobe support, or knowledge base.

8. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for all the input guys!!!!

love the info on that link Planetjacker!!!! thanks a dillion...
    . I wont be calling Adobe, my copy is direct from limewire lololol..and i cant afford 2 be giving spondolas away on there support line...

Hopefully ill be able to do a couple masterpiece starscream/skywarp/thundercracker repaints in accurate anime colours !!!:D  :D