Customs: Help on an Animated Arcee Fix

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by stratonrye, Jun 9, 2011.

1. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Hey all! I recently got myself an Animated Arcee (finally! :rolleyes2 ) and almost immediately took her apart to do the little touch-ups that everyone does to make her look a million times better (like adding her lipstick, eyeliner, filling in some panel lines, etc....). Anyway, so I took her apart and noticed that one of the pins in her chest was not installed all the way and so was carving a circle in to her waist piece and scraping off her paint apps. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas as to how to fix it? I'm thinking that I could try heating up the pin and pushing it in a little bit more (cause I don't think I could just hammer it in anymore), but I always seem to eff up things when I try to use my soldering iron to do stuff like this so I don't really want to try it. So, like I said, do any of you have any other ideas on how to fix this? Attached are some pics that will hopefully show you what I'm talking about (circled in green) and a group of pics showing the path of the pin in question (also in green). Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If I had this problem, I'd just take my pin punch to it. Problem solved in less than a minute :) 

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I would do one of two things......I'd use a soldering iron to heat the pin, then use a small nail and hammer to try and hammer the pin back in......or I would use a metal file to file down the metal so it sits flush with the plastic.

Good luck and I hope you get it fixed, man!

4. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

I manned up and tried it and I think I fixed her (or at least I don't see any new paint scraps). I could not just hammer in the pin any more so I had to go with the soldering iron approach I was dreading. Thank god I was wicked careful and didn't mess her up at all. Thanks again guys.