help on a mod

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SGTsoundwave, Aug 12, 2011.

1. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

i've seen it before, and i want to do one for myself. what I'm referring to is WFC soundwave mod with the colors of soundblaster and the control panel(the play, pause, and fast forward buttons) before i get my back-up figure(first time modding and painting) what paints should i get? can someone walk me through? i know it matters very little on how you paint it, but more on the type of paint. i've heard the words "gun-metal" tossed around but, not sure where to find it. HELP!

2. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Before this thread gets moved...

First off- No, you heard that backwards. It's all about how you paint, because people use different types of paint and all work just as effectively when used properly.

Gun Metal is just a paint color, you can find it anywhere.

As far as Soundblaster colors go, you'll need black, silver, clear purple, and then red and gold for trim.

You'll want to take the figure apart as much as possible, removing screws and pins.
    Give all the parts (EXCEPT THE CLEAR PLASTIC PARTS) a good 4hr bath in 91+% rubbing alcohol to remove the factory topcoat and paint.
    Give the parts a coat of primer, and put the figure back together to check for rub spots.
    Take it apart again and paint. I'd suggest getting spray cans for the black and silver, then bottles of clear purple (if they have it), red, and gold with a small brush to detail with.
    Topcoat and give it some time to cure.
    Then put the figure back together.

Mind you, that's a rough outline, and there's really no way all of that is going to be done in a single day.

4. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    Try Radicons

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Yes, Radicons is the place to go for this sort of thing, more specifically this link: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/201900-table-contents.html

I would definitely bookmark it for future reference.

Also, this is not specifically directed at the author since he's new, but is Radicons that forgettable of a subforum? I ask because a lot of people with experience on TFW seem to be missing the mark entirely when posting custom-related threads in the toy forum. Not only that, but they seem to be oblivious to the notion that there is a tutorials section that dates back quite a few years once they find out about it.

Some sound advice here.