HELP!!!! New Insecticons Perceptor

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by derbyhat7, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    so far the gathering at the nemesis set has not been offered on the tru site

2. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Someone posted on my wanted add to chill out. I just want to clear up something here. People are getting the wrong impression that I am some sort of annoying, pestering, type person and all wound up about this situation. I am not, I am very reasonable and I understand it takes time. Im cool, I'm just trying to stay on top of it. What I meant to say is if someone can keep an eye out and when they see it, if they could pick them up. I have been calm and and polite about the whole situation especially when I call the local TRU. I know it takes time, when they appear I just want to make sure I dont miss out. I missed out on other TFs before and I just want to make sure I dont miss out it this time due to scavengers, and demand. So to set the record straight and Im sorry if I have been annoying, I dont mean it that way, my intentions are good.

3. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    If you start one thread and then make a second thread on the same subject, one of them will end up being closed. It takes up too many resources to deal with too many of the same threads clogging up the site. Just remember if you start up one thread, then try to keep all of the questions, communication, etc to that one thread. (I am assuming this is why it was closed; PM the moderator who closed it for the real reason).

Opening up a bunch of threads that are too similar is also frowned upon. Zombie threads are ones that are months or years old. If you started a thread two weeks ago, it is better to post in that one than start up a new one. Plus starting up too many threads on the same topic makes you look impatient.

In the past, the G1 reissues didn't sell out immediately and they weren't in limited numbers so it was rather easy to find them. The best thing for you to do is to go to the sightings section here on tfw and bookmark the state you live in. Then you can see when other collectors in your state start finding the figures and can then go there to pick them up.

After you post in a thread, a little button to the left of "quote" appears. It is called "edit". It is frowned upon to post right after your last post; it is better to edit your previous post. It makes you look like you are either impatient or are boosting you post count. It is ok if some time (3 or more days without a response) has passed or you need to bump the thread (whereby you type "bump" or ask a question). Just try not to do it too often.

It is hard to say when they will show up on the site. I'd say there is at least a 90% chance it will be there. The TFW front page will generally post this if it becomes true. You can also find news of when the figures become available in the Transformers Toy Forum.

Again, the "edit" button is your friend. These two posts are too close together. You come off as being really impatient.

That may be but from your posting style at the moment; you come across as being extremely impatient and over eager. Most of the collectors who want the reissues are in the same boat as you are; they want the figures now and hate waiting for it. You're preaching to the choir. I'm not trying to single you out or anything but you seem really inexperienced in this and could use a few pointers. This is very different (as I'm sure you're aware) from most other forms of communication and there are rules that you need to follow to keep people from flaming you and making your time on the net a horrible experience. A couple of helpful hints (I'm not singling you out; this is just general posting etiquette that everyone should do):

• Don't use "HELP!!!!!!" in a thread title. You wouldn't ask the guy at TRU this way; don't do it here. "TRU Insecticons & Perceptor questions" is a more appropriate thread title.
    • TYPING IN ALL CAPS = yelling; don't do it.
    • As mentioned before, don't post a second post right after a previous post of yours unless some time has passed (at least a couple of days). It makes you come across as being really impatient.
    • Use proper punctuation, spelling and grammar. It makes reading the thread much easier than reading one large chunk text.
    • Avoid using texting shorthand; not everybody knows what they mean
    • Zombie threads are confusing for newcomers because each website has a different time frame that they consider to be appropriate for a thread to be resurrected or not. I would generally say that a thread that at the most is 8 months old or earlier can be posted in without it being a zombie. After that it's a zombie thread. There are exceptions of course, like answering a specific question that hasn't been answered yet, but generally if it is over 8 mos old, start a new one.
    • Don't worry too much about making mistakes. This is a learning process and you will eventually get it right.

Hope this answers your questions.

4. derbyhat7

Ebay:
    Thank You Seawing, I cannot express enough how much that helps me. Clearly I am new to forums and some what collecting TFs. If it weren't for you Seawing I would probably quite writing any forums at all on this website. I have thought about it along. I have also considered donating to this website. Last night, I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong, couldn't find guidance, which I have tried to seek here on this forum on what to do, etc. Not only does this answer all my questions, but it has made me rethink the way I post forums. You are right, even though this is a forum, it is still best to be professional and to be a gentlemen, at the same time be relaxed (calm and collective). I did not realize how much of an impact my posts have made on other people's impressions of me, I just did not take my posts as seriously as I should have. Thank You for not attacking me and simply trying to help me. (By the way some of the forum etiquette reminds me of dating LOL)

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Glad I could help out. If you have any other questions on posting you can pm me or a moderator for advice.

6. derbyhat7

Ebay:
    TRU Online store has Insecticons and Perceptor reissue available. The two items fall in their category for free shipping promotion. You must purchase 75.00 or more to qualify and purchase from the items that are eligible for the shipping promotion. The two together comes out to 69.98, so if you find another item that is 5.01 or more you can take advantage of the shipping promotion. Home/Front page news maybe?