HELP!!!! New Insecticons Perceptor

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by derbyhat7, Sep 10, 2009.

1. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I do not understand what in the world is going on!? I have called a few local Toys R US stores here in the US. I noticed the post for the release being this sept. but it was originally posted for a Canada Toys r us. When I called the local Toys r US stores, one guy in inventory informed me he hadn't see anything and he just worked on and reviewed the inventory for this upcoming xmas. Nothing this month either, another guy from another store informed me he has seen nothing and he keeps getting calls about it. I have viewed Toys r us website and Hasbros website and they both have no info on these two at all. I have searched website after website looking for them. I see they are sold on ebay, and several other places like yahobby.com but, shipping is outrageous especially if you want to purchase both of them, and they are probably charging more than what toys r us has them for. I have a few question PLEASE HELP!!!
    1. Are they coming to TOYS R US for sure and with what proof? Are we sure these are not knock offs being viewed online?
    2. Canada Toys r US only or are they coming to the US?
    3. What price will they be directly from Toys R US?
    4. HOW in the world are people from overseas and other websites getting a hold of these toys, when an inventory manager(I think) doesnt even know about them coming in, less alone me walk into a store and purchase one?!?!?!

2. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    0. Take a few deep breaths, and relax.

1. Yes they will eventually hit TRU stores and the proof was Hasbro themselves showed them at San Diego Comic Con this past July. September 2009 is the target date. It could mean they'll hit the floor Sept. 30.

2. Yes they are coming for the US, I'm not sure about Canada but it is likely.

3. I don't remember TRU suggested retail but they might be around $25-$35.

4. The people overseas who have them know somebody at the plant in China that makes the toys for Hasbro and they are either stolen or are extra production samples. It's simple supply & demand and these people know this. They can steal a figure and they know there are buyers that have to have it immediately before everyone else can find it in the store. If you are patient and watch the news on this site, you will know when they will be available.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Umm... Hasbro does release toys in the Asian market before it hits US stores.

Just because anyone in Asia has a toy before the US street date doesn't mean it was stolen.

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

And your example would be... ? I've seen Takara release stuff overseas before it getting a US hasbro release, but I've never seen any examples of anything being officially released by Hasbro to an Asian market before releasing to the US. And come to think of it, why would they? If they wanted to do that, they have Takara for that.

Anyway, back on topic: Hasbro also previewed the figures at Botcon 2009. Here are the pics I took at the Hasbro booth. They show the box, the release dates and that they're Toys R Us exclusives. It also shows the price point of 34.99. Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken Alt Rodimus was released retail in the Asian market but was a ComiCon exclusive here in the States, I remember KA having one way before they were available here. Also the same may be true of Alt Nemesis Prime but I'm not as sure on that one.

EDIT: I may be wrong on both counts though, but I'm pretty sure

6. derbyhat7

Ebay:
    Seawing your awesome

I just wanted to take a moment and Thank You for your excellent feedback. I have been to this site several times and every time I read forums at any fan site for TF it's nothing but comments like....thats cool, i gotta have one, i dont have that one, wish i could by this now, and so on. I understand people are excited about TF and I do not mean to dis anyone, its just repetitive and uninteresting. I like to talk about more juicier information for TF. Like this chat today! This was the first time i have ever posted (i think) on this site. Going forward I'm going to get more involved in this site. Seawing, I guess I will add you to my contact list on this site. oh.. transtrekkie, thanks for the photos, i have seen plenty of them by now but, yours had a label of release date and prices. The signs were fuzzy, it looks like 9/1/09 is written as far as release date.

7. derbyhat7

Ebay:
    You rock Seawing

8. bodine1231

bodine1231 Knowledge is Annoyin

I'm pretty annoyed as well. I saw those pics with the Sept 1 release date and have been waiting patiently for these figures. It is now 10 days into Sept. and not one word when stores will get them. Is this how things are in the toy world? In movies and games this stuff doesn't happen,sure,things get pushed back but the fans are at least told well in advance.

This is the first big reissue release since I started collecting and if it's gonna be this way I'm just not going to follow release dates at all.

9. derbyhat7

Ebay:
    You have to stay on top of release dates, or you mis out on great deals, usually they dont drop in price. Some of the reissues are harder to come across now due to pricing. Example: I dont think Megatron reissue with 70 to 80 bucks when it first re-released. It was probably around 30 to 40. If you dont keeep on the release dates then you mis out on the reasonable prices.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Many have stated answers already, but I will give my 2 cents and try to add a little.

1. Are they coming to TOYS R US for sure and with what proof? Are we sure these are not knock offs being viewed online?
    -We have seen proof from conventions, as well as picture from people who have either gotten them from overseas already, or are overseas (Hongkong I beleive). They are also in the TRU system if you take the UPC to the store. I have been sick this week, so I havent had time to go there and check the manifest, but they were not in last week's shipment.

2. Canada Toys r US only or are they coming to the US?
    -It will be at both, we first heard about them from someone who got the information from TRU Canada about 6 months ago.

3. What price will they be directly from Toys R US?
    -The MSRP that they have told us so far has been $34.99 in the US (as shown in the convention photos), and $49.99 in Canada (as shown from the info provided by the person who got the original info on the product 6 months ago).

4. HOW in the world are people from overseas and other websites getting a hold of these toys, when an inventory manager(I think) doesnt even know about them coming in, less alone me walk into a store and purchase one?!?!?!
    -They have been spotted overseas, and seen there first because they are closer to the production area. I can't remember where it was released first, but I beleive it was front paged about a week ago overseas. As far as a local inventory manager knowing much of anything outside of what is on the manifest, it is hard to say. I have worked retail at both Target and Home Depot, and there are a lot of managers who knew less than common employees. There is no real meetings of all the inventory managers where they are told, XY and Z are coming out on these dates, so be prepaired. This is stuff that is handled at a higher level than the stores. Inventory managers are not "regional buyers", or whatever they may be called. They are generally there on the store level to make sure there is stock, and stuff is on order. If shelves are bare for months and months, you can blame the inventory manager (unless it is a production issue that they have no control over). In this sense, a poor inventory manager can kill a store, because there is often a three to four week lead time, so if they don't realize how many of a product will sell, they can be sold out and waiting four weeks for more.

11. derbyhat7

Ebay:
    I like collecting transformers and my collection isnt very large, most of them are the Universe collection (non-reissues) but I do have a few reissues. Originals, forget about it, im willing to spend some money on my collection, but not 200 to 400 hundred on just one TF. I have to REALLY convince myself to spend 50.00 on a TF, the most I spent was megatron and optimus prime reissue which was 80.00 and my GF bought me Megatron as a gift. I love TF, but financial planning comes first.

12. derbyhat7

Ebay:
    The inventory person at TRU, is not for sure a manager, I think he was most likely just someone who worked in inventory. Either way, he did not see any information about these coming in. I would think that if anyone working at TRU would be able to see very easily what is being shipped to the store. Even if it was a manager, to not know what is coming end due to corp handling this, but he would at least be able to see what is coming to his store in the next few weeks. He stated he finished doing inventory all the way out to xmas.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Then you would be wrong, the average employee (even at a toystore) doesnt know much of anything that is coming in. They can check the manifest for you if you have the UPC, but that is about it. Most of this stuff is well above the store level, and things such as "special purchases" or items from the Local DC (Distribution Center) may not be known about till a couple days before they arrive. The weekly truck at my local TRU comes in on Thursday (just changed from friday), and when I had them check with the manifest, there were no exclusives on it last week. They did inform me that there was a second shipment coming in on Saturday (which is strange when it isn't holiday season), but they were unable to tell me what was on that until Saturday morning.

Now if you go in and just say I am looking for the insecticons or perceptor, you probably arnt going to get far, because many times the information that the system has will not spell out "Insecticons", but rather something like "TRA Insect", "TRANS COMM", "TRANS EXCL" or something to that affect, and their computer search will not recognize "Insecticons". An employee really needs to know the computer system well if you don't come in with a SKU/UPC number. I will shoot you with a PM with more info.

14. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the most part, there's not a lot of reason to be out looking for something if there have been no sightings of it anywhere. The chance that your local store will be the first one in North America to put something out is pretty slim.

Watch the front page of TFW for when an item is first spotted, then begin checking your local stores in the following weeks. Many items show up in California first (or at least, out west), and I've found here in Florida that typically our local Targets, WMs, and TRUs have an item about 2-3 weeks after it has first been spotted.

There have been no sightings of Perceptor or the Insecticons up to this point. If I were you, I'd just sit tight for a while. If prior reissues are any indication, these things are going to shelfwarm, so I don't think you'll have any trouble getting one once they're out.

15. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

In addition to that, we're only ten days into September so far :) . The release date says 9/1/09, but I read that as just a placeholder. They'll be here in September, not on the first. Just check periodically and it'll most likely be in at some point. There's no sense in hunting down a toy that hasn't even been spotted in the US yet.

Just relax ^_^. You'll find it eventually.

16. transtrekkie

^^ this. And to expound on it a little bit it also might depend on where you live. I for example, live in northern CA which is like a toy collecting desert. So when I was at Botcon and saw the release date of 9/1/2009, I know that I can start looking for them to actually show up sometime in late March/early April. ish. And that's if they actually show up at all or assuming someone hasn't scalped them all (which tends to happen a lot out here).

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I'd also like to reconcile some things that have been said before.

One, a lot of "first looks" we have at toys are indeed stolen factory samples. Usually the people taking photos of them don't know someone at the factory, they just know where to buy them, as there's an actual market specializing in test shots and paint samples and packaged samples and whatnot from the factory. There are dealers specializing in these things, and some fans actually collect them, some even outright denying the illegal origin of their toys.

The other thing, which DOES happen, is Hasbro officially releasing toys in various Asian markets (Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, the Phlippines) before they come out in the USA. I'd say this used to happen more frequently some years ago, during the Armada/Energon/Alternators years, when a toy would regularly be released in Asia up to a month before its US release. With the movie lines, this has become less common.

It's hard to tell the difference between stolen factory samples and toys officially released in Asian markets. Knowing which seller sells what helps (usually, Asian sellers that sell official Asian Hasbro releases steer away from stolen stuff). Also, if you see only one or two pieces on eBay from Asian sellers, it's likely stolen. If multiple sellers are offering multiples of the same toy, for several different toys from the same wave at the same time, it's likely an official Asian release.

18. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apparently there were several sightings today at TRUs in British Columbia (western Canada). So sit tight folks, especially those on the east coast (myself included)

19. transtrekkie

Why? Someone has to be the first to see it otherwise there wouldn't be any sightings anywhere.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    True, that. Though I for one am quite content to sit back and let someone make the sighting, then go in with the information I get from that.

It's up to you though, but you might want to factor in the extra gas you spend on hunting.