Customs: Help needing on figuring out a custom

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by LamboTwinLove, Mar 25, 2012.

1. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Hello!

I am need of some help, there are two figures I really want and it's looking like hasbro probably won't do one of them. So I need some help with some ideas on how to go about making these guys a reality.

I want a War for Cybertron Sideswipe and there is this version of Sunstreaker in IDW that I think would make a perfect War for Cybertron Sunstreaker. Images are attached.

Can anyone give me some advice on any existing toys that could work for these or any kind of advice on how these should be made so I have an idea of what I want when I speak to a customizer?

EDIT: Added a pic of Revoltech Hot Rod. I think that is going to be the best base for these figures.

Attached Files:

2. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Depends on how accurate you want them to be. That Sunstreaker is possible with a classics Hot Rod upper body. (Based on the shoulder mechanisms and the fact that the arms form the doors and fender sections) The legs could be from any figure that has collapsible legs like the Seeker mold. Then you pretty much have to scratchbuild the entire car shell over all that.

I've actually got a tutorial in the works for restructures like this but won't be done for some time.

3. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could probably get away with using the same mold for both figures too, they both look extremely similar (minus the exposed wheels on WFC Sideswipe).

Which'd mean creating only one new mold from scratch :p 

4. LamboTwinLove

I would like them as accurate as possible. Personally for these I don't care if they transform or not. So really the car mode won't be all that important to me. I think I would prefer a straight bot mode since I would display them in robot mode only.

So not sure how best to do it. I thought about the revoltechs but I think I would like them bigger. Something PVC like would be awesome. But I have no clue if that would even be doable.

5. LamboTwinLove

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I'm just not sure how I would really want them. I mean... I am really leaning to something like the Revoltech line. I really just want them for bot mode and don't care for alt modes for them.

But I would want them a bit bigger then the revoltech line.

6. LamboTwinLove

Added a pic of Revoltech Hot Rod.

Thinking he will be the best base for these and it looks to me like the mods would be fairly easy to do to make both of these figures.

But, I am open to other suggestions. Anyone with ideas and tips please post! I like getting multiple ideas.