Minor/Repaint: Help needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Bumblebee2008, May 13, 2008.

1. Bumblebee2008

Bumblebee2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I am looking to do a repain of the Voyager class TFTM Optimus Prime and I intend to turn it into an Ultra Magnus.

I was looking through some of the heads that come close to Magnus and one I think will work is from Altinators Silversteak.

My question is does anyone know if the head will be interchangeable??

I don't really want to buy Silverstreak unless I know the head will work.

Thank you in advance for your help/ or any suggestions for better heads to use.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

It wouldn't just swap over, if that's what you mean; in fact given the connection for Prime's head, I think you'll basically be laft with a stump once it's off anyway.

The head I really recommend for this type of bash, and the one I'd have used if I wanted to turn trailer-less Magnus into his armoured robot mode, is Sixliner - and I've tested the head on my Prime (I had pictures before my hard drive crashed) and it fits perfectly. The only thing you might need to do is trim out some of the plastic inside the bit where his head goes in truck mode, just to make a little extra room.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I am assuming we're talking about Classics?

4. Bumblebee2008

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Thanks for the info, I've been looking at the pictures and I think Sixliner's head would work, are you sure it is the right size though?

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Oh, definitely. Like I said, I actually had photos of it on my Prime to show how well it fit. I'll have to snap some more.

[EDIT]Darn it. Somehow when I read the thread I must have missed the key bit. This is the movie Voyager Prime you're doing, isn't it? I've just snapped a bunch of pics showing how to fit it to Classics Prime. Sometimes I can be both blind and stupid. :banghead: 

Unfortunately, I don't have the movie fella. Still, if you think the Sixliner head will fit the aesthetic of the rest of the bot, I have little doubt it'll fit. The Micro-gestalts all work out to be a good Voyager size when combined.

Just to give you an idea, here's one of the shots I took, with Sixliner's head next to Classic Prime's...
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/khepris-throne/mag_01.jpg

6. Bumblebee2008

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats brilliant. I like the way it looks. I have classics Prime as well and He is not a whole lot smaller than Movie Voyager!! I will see if i can get hold of a Sixliner head coz I think it would work really well!! Cheers for the help!!

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Glad I could help. If you can get it, it shouldn't be too difficult to mod whatever you need; the helmet's basically solid, with just a cylindrical hole in the bottom big enough to fit over Spark's (the train who forms the chest) head.