Help needed verifying Milton Bradley Prime (KO Prime pic request)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Dec 15, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    -=UPDATED=-
    Can someone with a KO prime please post pictures of the back of the cab like the on at the bottom with the circle, and a picture of the inside of the cab where the windshield is held in?

Thanks in advance guys.

--Original post--
    So I got a Milton Bradley Prime in today from Europe and I want to make sure its all correct/legit. It's the metal sides trailer with grey Roller and missiles. So that much I'm not worried about. Its the cab that bothers me.

I thought that the metal sides grey Roller Prime has the squared smokestacks, these are the normal rounded ones, and they spin pretty freely. The plastic and die-cast are a damn near perfect color match which seems odd to me. The arms seem to only ratchet when moved up but not down. The rear tires on the right side seem bloated in the middle. Almost like an overfilled tire. The wheels on the left side are really loose. Like the peg isn't pushed all the way in. These last things bother me cause that almost feels like a KO to me. Also the weapons are bloated but the fist are not.

Here are some pictures comparing the cab I got to a vintage Hasbro (Hasbro is always on the right).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, no red feet, ignore me.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    MB Prime never had red feet.

There were (apparently) two red feeted Primes: One by Ceji Revell in English-only packaging, the other by Hasbro in European post-MB packaging.

I'm not aware of a red feeted Prime in MB packaging.

4. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Some slight indiscrepancies here:
    1) Holes in the headlights are larger, indicating bloated fists. If so you'll find that the fists are slightly loose in the arm sockets. Could be a simple part-swap issue.

2) Insides of the upper legs seem to be non-slotted. Need inside leg pic to confirm cross-beam pattern. Do the knees ratchet?

Need the following pictures to confirm:
    - Side pic of all wheels
    - Pic of inside of leg
    - Pic of inside of cabin
    - Pic of top-side of cab (i.e. underside of the headplate)

5. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks, I was mistaken then.

6. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I posted a guide to Optimus Prime a short while ago. Not the alpha and the omega of such things, but a decent start:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...uick-guide-bloated-fist-standard-optimus.html

Based on the pics, I think you have a standard Optimus Prime. The headlights, smokestack connectors, and grill pattern seem to point heavily toward it. However, Notorious BIC has a good point: could be a frankensteined version of the toy. More pictures would help and of the details he mentioned and possibly the ones mentioned in my guide as well.

7. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:

The supposed MB is on the left same as before.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The more differences I see the more I think KO.

8. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

In my opinion this is the 'standard' european cab associated with the "Made in France" trailer (which the red-foot prime is another example of). The smooth legs, wheels, large gastanks all point to an early-G1 pre-rub release.

Unfortunately this is also the exact same mold which the recent Chinese KO was made from. Yours seems legit as it has a screwed-on head and the darker shade windscreen, but it does leave the parts-swapping scenario open.

9. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK. Are the narrower tires Normal for this mold? I also noticed that the "rivet pegs" on the windshield aren't pressed in. Finally the rims seem to have a tad less detail. Maybe it's paranoia but the more I think about it the more I think KO. I th head the only way to tell the KO from the original mold?

Thanks for all your help so far guys.

10. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone with a KO Prime care to make some comparisons?

11. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heres one more thing that bothers me and may help figure out the origin of this Prime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The larger portion of the screw mold in the back of the cab was filed down to allow clearance for the head to fold down. If anyone with a KO prime could post pictures of the back of the cab, and the inside of the windshield I'd really appreciate it.

12. juise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can someone with a KO prime please post pictures of the back of the cab like the on at the bottom with the circle, and a picture of the inside of the cab where the windshield is held in?

Thanks in advance guys.

13. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    here are some pictures i added to another thread...it is a black colored KO prime