Help needed on Japanes BW Series please

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by archangel, Oct 25, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Member

Hello to all,

Ever since I heard about BWII and BW Neo I wanted to watch them but as they were only shown in Japan and they haven't come out on DVD yet it's has been very frustrating

Thanks’ to TF Cog I was able to see a few of the first episodes of each series and thanks to YouTube I got to see even more and now there’s only 14 episodes I haven't seen:

BWII Ep:19,20,21,33,35,39

BW Neo Ep:14,23,24,26,31,33,34,35

In the case of BWII at least there are episode summaries out there but I can’t fide even brief summaries of BW Neo. It's as if no one that watch them thought to write something about them, and that pretty strange for something that was not release in the west and theres a lot of people who would love to know more more about those series

So I'm writing here to ask for a little help,

Does anyone know where can I find summaries of the mention above BW Neo episodes? and/or where can I view the episodes mention above?

Thanks for any help given

2. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apart from what you mentioned above, unless they decide to put on DVD which is unlikely, so unless TFcog finished the run or some other fabdub/sub group takes up the mantle we maynever see it short of learning Japanese and somehow finding the raws. Which i'd kinda be willing to do except I have no idea where to get my mits on the raws.

3. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I'm wondering, have those two Beast Wars shows been released on DVD in Japan?

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No, far as I know neither series was ever released onto DVD. I've got raw (unsubbed) copies of both shows kicking about, might see what I can figure out from watching. I know nothing of the Japanese language though so I'd not know what the plot of the show is.

5. AkatsukiFan

AkatsukiFan Legendary

their usually on youtube but i dont know if it has all of the episodes

6. archangel

archangel Member

http://dl.rakuten.co.jp/attr/92108032/da30_1.html

So I found this site that supposedly let you watch BW Neo episode for less than a 1.5$ and even due that’s like “no money” I’m not really comfortable giving my credit # to a site I don’t know the language to + don’t really know if it works

Did anyone here heard/used this site before?

+ There are a LOT of fan made TF sites in English and in other languages but I can’t fine 1 in Japanese let alone finding one with information about BW Neo - Why is it that no one on the web wrote about this series?! There were VHS tapes of this series out there, people watched it and there are a lot of big TF fans in Japan, so what gives?

Anyone knows a TF fan who lives in Japan and would be so kind to help get inormation on this series? or could help me get in contect with one? .... please

7. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    It's a shame that you're having to search for missing eps and info, archangel. You'd think there be more info out there about the Japanese BW series, but there's not a lot actually.

I have both BW II & Neo on VHS tapes from years ago (raw unsubbed copies) and I think I have a general idea of what was happening in both series.

The last couple of eps of BW Neo involved Big Convoy and his Cybertrons facing off against a reborn Unicron (in BW2 Galvatron's body). I'd have to re-watch the eps to remind myself of the exact details. And I'm pretty sure the final ep of BW Neo (35) was mostly a clip ep showing moments from earlier eps of the series.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    BWNeo (and II to a lesser extent) is one of those series that was overlooked a lot. When I watched the series about 10 years ago, all the episodes were online and there were some sites that had very brief summaries, but I think they're all gone now. You may have some luck with looking up Comic Bon-Bon or TV Magazines, since they ran summaries and several were translated and online.

It's really a shame, I thought BWNeo was one of the best series out there after Animated and BW.

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Rakuten is probably the biggest online shopping centre in Japan and can be trusted, but unfortunately downloading video is limited to Japanese residents only.

We don't have episode guide but have a BWN resource section here with some screencaps and character info;
    Transformers Beast Wars Neo - Japanese Transformers - Transformers Resources

10. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    about 2 years ago i got a copy of both the series and i shared them on bit torrent. They where vhs rips from the retail vhs tapes put on dvdr disks. The quality was the best i had seen at the time and i hoped a fan sub group would pick it up and for a while a tfw user named grifter prime was subbing them however he hasnt posted a new ep for around a year so i think its been abandoned. atm there are 8 episodes of both series subtitled by grifter but they are hard to find in avi format however they are availible for viewing on my youtube channel.

You tube has some of the episodes in raw japanese but i think not all of them. There are other places you can find them if you can work your way through either japanese or chinese websites.

sites
    1: Nico video nicovideo
    Essentially the japanese equivalent of youtube which has tonnes of transformers videos including full episodes of most of the japanese transformers series. You have to sign up to the site before you can search the videos also you need to search the site using the japanese lettering.

Example search terms:
    トランスフォーマー Transformers
    ビーストウォーズII Beast wars II
    ビーストウォーズネオ Beast wars Neo

2:TF Club TF Club
    A chinese transformers forum which shares episodes from a ftp server. You need to register to see the links to the episodes but it has all the episodes availible. download speeds are very slow tho so you will have to wait a while before the episode will be downloaded.
    when you sign up you will need to look for the tfcc section where all the episodes are located. They are not that hard to find as they use a combination of english and chinese and all the links are in english.

sites i use when searching nico video and tf club
    Yahoo! UK & Ireland Babel Fish - Online Translator | Free Translation text translation site
    Google Translate another text translation site
    TFJP Wikipedia Japanese transformers wiki page

If ya want any help setting up an account on either of these sites let me know and ill see what i can do

ps : you need the japanese and chinese language packs to be able to view each of these sites. if you dont navigating them is a pain as all the text will come out as wee squares.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  11. archangel

archangel Member

thank you for your help walruslaw but as much as I try I can't open an account on those sites : (