Help needed. International theft question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by wheeljaxx, Aug 9, 2006.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i have a serious problem i need some help with. I made a deal with a transformer buyer in ohio who has had 100% feedback on e-bay and claimes to be an ohio police officer. We made a deal to trade for our items and i sent mine via registered mail. he recieved it 4 days later, despite me paying for next day shipping ( i'm getting a full refund. The deal was that since my item was in question, he wante dto look at it first before he sent out my things, wich would have been the next day, however, when he learned that i had over $2000 more toys to sell, he offered to come to my home and take them all off my hands, and hand me my items personally. This is only 3 days later, and he calls me up and has to re-scedule. he says he will deposit the money into my paypal and then just drive up to my moms house and pick up the marked boxes.

the problem now is he was to send my stuff the next day for what i sent him, he isn't replying to e-mails, or answering his phone, or returning my calls and it has been 3 more days since we spoke. When my item was sent to him, and didn't arive, he called me many times to get an update. now, when i need one, he isn't around.

should i be worried? and if i've been swindled ( $600 US) is there any way i can file charges? i have his address, phone number and e-bay information. i'm in canada, and he's in ohio.

what can i do?

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    things happen give him another day or two

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Was he going to drive up from Ohio?

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, as long as you have "official" documents that showed that you sent out his items, I think you should be safe.

However, as usual make sure his money comes in before you send out your stuff or if he comes over make sure he gives you the cash.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe this qualifies as international mail fraud, which is definately illegal for us US citizens to engage in. I suggest proceeding directly to your post office for help in filing complaints or charges, and attempting to report this issue to your local police, or even to HIS local police.

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

well, i got hold of him, and he's agreed to drive up, hand my contact back home the cash, and drive away with my collection. He aslo said he will wait untill he crosses the border to send my item, as i won't have to pay duty. he's being very professional, and makes sense, maybe it;s just me being impatient with $600 Us just OUT THERE, and anothr $1100 more on the horizon.

but thanks. if i need the info, i'll use in now that ive got it.