Help needed in Autobot campaign

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by icanfly, Jul 31, 2010.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi

I'm really struggling with the defend Ratchet mission. I've tried everything I can think of but I can't heal Ratchet and destroy all the goons whilst the other two keep pissing off on me.
    Any tips? how many waves of goons are there?

Ta

JL

2. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

Are you picking up one of the turrets? You're in the one where the Autobots are freeing Omega Supreme right? The main thing is to kill the Decepticons before they can get a chance to attack Ratchet. Snipers should always be killed first in my experience, so have a look on the ledges to make sure there isn't one there. Eventually brutes and those heavy machine gunners come in and you should just concentrate on killing one of those heavy guys and stealing their gun. The end is one of those giant tank things.

3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Don't forget, there are overshields in the room behind Omega.

4. Autobrand

Autobrand Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As Contructicon said, there are three overshields in the room behind Omega Supreme - very helpful.

Play as Warpath. He has the Barrier ability, so when you are trying to heal Ratchet when he falls, you can throw up a barrier and get a bit of a reprieve from being shot at.

Use the grenades that respawn near Ratchet. The Decepticon car soldiers come out bunched up. Lob a grenade or two when they are in groups to quickly thin their numbers.

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    When prime says "be aware the next assault is coming from the skies." that's a que. there is a winding engine cog (In front of ratchet where the cons are coming from, center of the room ) you can double jump on that to reach the upper platform and activate the anti air cannon from the console.

I always do this and it makes it much easier to handle the snipers without those jets. Otherwise just get the overshields, and revive ratchet if he needs support, top priority.

6. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

make use of those turrets in addition to the other good advice given

i got my tailpipes handed to me a bit until I figured out that those turrets equalize much, especially from the skies and those Titans(?) or were they Brutes (?)