Help needed from American sellers. recommend postal services.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mighty.Maximal, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Hi,

I'm discussing with a member of this board a deal for him to post some items to me in the UK and I have no trouble finding a service to send to the USA the parcel size we are discussing for as little as £56.00 but when I try to do the reverse and find prices from Florida to the UK I find nothing much under £230.00 which is clearly delusional.

If it cost £56.00 one way its should be £230.00 the other.

So what I need is some help - due to the geo-locating feature of Google I can't find any discount middle men parcel services from USA to the UK as the search just sees i'm in he UK and defaults to a service from the UK to USA when I want from USA to UK.

There must be some people who have had reason to figure this stuff out before from an American perspective.

Do you know a discount service for USPS or Fed Ex or DHL etc... parcels someone in USA could use ?

Obviously I don't want to be publishing either of our personal address details on a public forum but the dimensions and weight i'm looking for a quote on are as follows :

Box measuring 21in (54cm) x 16in (41cm) x 13in (33cm) and weighs 13lbs (5.9kgs)

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks

2. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    US to UK is showing up as $75 (Priority) or $80 (Express).

US outgoing shipments are unnaturally cheap. To Canada can be $10, from Canada for the same package can be $25.

4. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

That's odd I got $130.00 on USPS when I checked...

It's so odd that TNT Express to America isn't crazy money But TNT Express from America to Uk is crazy money.

I'll check the USPS rates again.

Does anyone have any experiences of a USA seller on this board who might be worth asking this ?

It just seems odd that there's a long list of consolidated mail websites in the UK for international and local shipping - but I've never really heard of anyone in America or Canada or elsewhere mention similar services.

I'm tempted to e-mail every UK company of that kind and ask them if any of them have a USA devision too.

No solution so far though so I'd welcome further help

I wonder if I should have put this in the toy discussion forum ?

5. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I seem to have found the principle of printing your own barcoded mail - using USPS and some special software - it seems to allow for USPS discount above the normal.

Anyone every used this kind of US Mail service -? It seems to be something designed for small businesses but that is available to the general public too - if it was something easy enough it would get rid of some of the madder ebay postage quotes I expect.

6. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    For awhile Stamps.com used to run a promo of free $25 in shipping if you start to use them. That would/could help reduce the overall cost but I'm not certain they run those type of promo's anymore let alone still exist as a company.

USPS.com shows for a package from the US to the UK with those dimensions and weight would cost $86.25 for EMS or $75.50 for Priority. Some companies who ship out a decent amount of mail will negotiate with the USPS for a discount commercial rate. Actually companies do that with our three large shipping companies.

I'd run the numbers through UPS or FedEx's website for ya but they require information about both addresses.