Customs: Help name that Autobot/Decepticon

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Dec 16, 2005.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, I've finally done my first repaint, and I have some photos of the current vehicle mode.

I had taken an Alternators Skids, removed his name from the rear plate used a technique with hand sanitizer to remove those gaudy flames and darkened the tint on the windows even more. I'm considering "smoking" the headlights and tail lights using a q-tip with a little paint on it and feathering it on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still working on the bot mode, but will share it once it is done being painted. That should be, if all goes as planned, by Sunday. With the current color scheme, in vehicle mode, he kind of looks like Motormaster.

2. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I'm also debating putting some different wheels on, maybe some spinners...

Kidding. At most I MIGHT paint the wheels a matte black color.

3. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Here are some early photos of the unfinished robot mode. The red is going to go, but for a yet undecided color. I currently have a gloss black (like the top tint strip on the doors and windshield), a bright green and a silver color available. I think I may get a dark blue color tomorrow to do the hips and arms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    A couple of additional vehicle mode shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Okay, here is a challenge.

For anyone who can suggest not only a name, but a profile (can be G1, G2, etc, or a custom) to go with the "shell" I've created, as well as what color to replace the red with (if at all) or suggestions for other mild touches (paint/decal details), I will send $25 via PayPal guaranteed. Submission deadline would be by Wednesday, December 21st, by 11:59PM.

I'll review the entries and suggestions. Please try to keep the profile under 200 words.

For the submission please reply to this thread. I will PM the winner and request the necessary details so the payment can be sent. This is no joke.

6. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loving the head!

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That's a good colour scheme to use, it definately goes well with the car, and i would say black or light blue would work best to cover up the red.

8. Adonis

Adonis huh

replace the red with black and name him Block & Blue (Pun Intended)

:lol  HAHAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA :lol 

9. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Hahaha. Right now his tentative name is Soundwave, and I may give him the appropriate head. I'm thinking since Blaster is a Toyota bB, why not make a Scion xB, the same vehicle, into Soundwave? Just change the transformation a bit, and if possible make his removeable front seat into a Laserbeak.

I'm also considering a tire swap from another scale Scion (like from the Dub City line) to make him even more unique. Even though I'm the one who did the head, it seems familiar and I can't put the name to it.

Remember, the contest still stands. Please submit your suggestions.

10. Adonis

Adonis huh

by the way whered ya find skids(what store)

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    definately go black wheels. that would look so sexy

xD

12. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    eBay, for a price. I have the Binaltech version of him as well, and plan on using the US versions for customs/kitbashes.

13. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Why I do get the distinct sense of sarcasm with that statement... ;-)

Contest is still open, please submit your ideas for a name and profile. Remember, it can be Decepticon or Autobot.

14. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

motermaster is too evil to be ladened with a sad vehicle mode. a scion deserves to be called whellie or another horrible character llike that. you know what though the head sculpt of skids is fairley close to sharkticons. how about a bio that goes the quintesons made a quick visit to earth and accidently left one of the cons there.

15. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I did think of calling him Motormaster [Motor Master], but I agree with you Baby Bumblebee. Motormaster deserves a big powerful vehicle, like a Dodge Ram or some other BIG (respectively) truck. I think Soundwave is deserving, and come warmer weather when I can work on the back porch, I may try remolding a new front seat and turning it into a Lazerbeak "alternative." The tricky part is going to be remolding the head to look more like Soundwave.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    My identity submission for your custom Alt Scion

Vibe
    Group: Decepticon
    Function: Espionage/Communications

“Light and peace can only be found in the darkness of night.”

A stark contrast to his fellow Decepticons, Vibe often finds himself lurking quietly in the shadows. Being a scout for the Decepticons and an expert in communications suits him just fine. Disillusioned by the conquest of the Decepticons, Vibe finds the most gratification by cruising the streets in his sleek new Scion alt mode. Vibe has found his loyalty questioned many times by his fellow Decepticons because of his aloof nature. However, it is his dependency on others (especially the tyranny of Shockwave) that he finds sanctuary. Privy to all of this, Vibe is allowed to be kept on a long leash, permitted to cruise the streets and live in the night.

In terms of actual customizing advice, here would be my suggestion for alteration. Use purple as an accent color and make a sports stripe in silver and purple to really pop it off. Hope you like it and thanks for consideration; I had fun!

17. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    WOW! I love the suggestion for the racing stripe, which makes him stand out even more. I'm thinking now of using something like that, but make the arms and hips darker, like a dark blue with some faint silver highlights. For the logo placement, I'm thinking a Decepticon logo might look nice near the edge of the hood instead of the arm. It might indicate what he is, but done properly it would blend in with the stripe and look like part of the design.

18. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Punch/Counter Punch
    As Punch's dual personalities kept getting worse and uncontrollable the Autobot Commanders start to notice. After several attempts by Punch to hide his Other side taking over Autobot Scientists and doctors decide that it would be best to just Upgrade Punch to a single transforming Bot to remove the counterpunch personality. Now Stronger and faster and deadlier and a yr after tests and psych evailuations the Autobots figure that Counterpunch is gone. He is given his old job back as a spy. While performing these duties his alternate personality returns thanks to Ravage "Reminding him of Conterpunch"

19. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Keep 'em coming folks. There have been some great profile/bio suggestions and a few paint suggestions (thanks again, superquad7)! Please, keep making the cool suggestions that have been offered so far.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You're quite welcome and I hope you liked my profile/bio submission. My approach was to capture some of the culture of the Scion and personalize it into a Decepticon. I felt the name "Vibe" best did that.

Does this correlate with your approach? What do you want for this character? As always, just trying to help :thumbs2: