help! my classics bumblebee has paint globs on it!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Oct 6, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I was so excited to get him from bbts, too. his roof has some paint over-spray or whatever you want to call it. they're not huge, but there's two annoying bits of silver paint on it that don't belong. I tried rubbing it with 70% alcohol on a qtip, but that didn't work, and I don't want to scrape it because I don't want to gouge the plastic. any ideas?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should of left it sealed, waited for a local store to get one, bought a new one with better paint, then returned the shoddy one with the receipt. I guess you can still do it, but sucks that you opened it.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

man, I was too excited to inspect it that much before opening it!

4. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

If the underlying material is plastic, and not more paint, you could carefully scratch off the paint with a hobby razor (although you have to be very, very careful doing this), or use some paint thinner and a qtip (although do not keep paint thinner on plastic for any longer than necessary, as it can damage it). If there's paint underneath those silver paint blobs, then you're pretty much out of luck.

5. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I'm sure that BBTS will allow you to return and exchange it. They were incredibly good to me that way when I had a problem with my MP Voltron.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I had a huge white paint glob on one of my Bumblebee's doors. I cleaned it off with Isopropyl alcohol, and a little elbow grease.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

If you have good fingernails, that might do it, too.

I remember accidentally starting to scrape the paint off my Energon Hot Shot and Downshift... as well as the white stripes on Alt. Mirage (I no longer use my fingernails to open his doors)... my nails managed to get my Cybertron Hot Shot's autobot hood symbol off right quick since half of it had already flaked off (i'd rather the white shape than half a paint app). Try that first. Don't have fingernails? Let em grow for a week or two. ;)  Also, using some sort of edge isn't a terrible idea, as long as you have steady hands and take it slow and careful.

Edit: You're only doing 80 on the Mass Pike? Geez man, if you're from MA, you should be a worse driver than that... do 100! ;) 

8. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

At least you just have to worry about paint, mine has uneven arms, they put one of the wheels in upside down so one arm sits lower than the other.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How I can tell of the above problem when I inspect him from the package?

10. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

my classics starscreams legs had a little of the uneven paint application going on. it didnt bother me to much.

11. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

Not really, it would be hard to tell, it's just the luck of the draw. Hopefully mine is just random that got past QC.

12. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

whew, thankfully my Classics Rodimus and Starscream were thoroughly inspected before leaving the factory. Not a glitch, smudge, or uneven paint app between the two of them.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Shucks...I was afraid of the above reply...especially when I have my set pre-ordered...thanks for the answer anyway!

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't worry. I've ordered loads of TFs lately and the worst QC issue I've had is a slightly loose leg on my Unicron. If you're forever afraid of getting a dud TF, you'll probably buy far fewer of them. Better just to carry on and hope for the best.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I will take your advice...so far I have no problems with any of the products I have bought from Hasbro...but then again, I had the chance to choose them at departmental stores.

16. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Eh, just return it when you see another BB. Doesn't matter if it's opened or not. Less hassle compared to returning it to BBTS. I'm not sure what their policy is on returns, but most sites I've dealt with on-line (non-toy-related) made me pay for the return shipping.

17. Altercron

Snagged Astrotrain and Bumblebee today.

Funny story.

Should've seen me jumping up and down knocking a sea od Starscream's off the "nose bleed shelf" to find an Astrotrain. To my dismay I couldn't get to the one I found. So I hung my head to cry. That's when I saw Primus. No not the actual Primus, the toy, and behind him I could barely make out a bit of red. That's when I remembered two or three days ago when I was at Wal Mart at 4AM, I stashed all four deluxes behind him. And they were still there!

Now, the Astrotrain that was there had crappy paint apps on his dorsal wing/fin thing. But now that I had him in my hand, I had about 7 inches of extra reach. I was now barely able to flip the Astrotrain off the nose bleed shelf. And what'ya know? He has perfect paint apps. YAY.

Bumblebee was another QC story, his rub symbol was crooked. Easily found another one though, since there was several of him on the pegs.

Long story short, I now have all 4 wave 1 deluxes and all are devoid of QC problems.

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I made the horrible mistake of putting nail poilsh remover on the paint. I tried it out on a yogurt container to see if it would eat the plastic, but the container was fine and the liquid just took the paint off. so I put it on bumblebee, and the paint didn't go anywhere, but the plastic started to get eaten away! how is a yogurt container stronger than my poor bumblebee???? :cry 

19. Altercron

Tell's you something about that crappy mold, no?

20. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I don't think the plastic used has anything to do with the quality of a mold.

Plastic is widely varrying stuff...nail polish remover might not eat a yogurt container, but acetone is a solvent, it eats stuff. Keep it the hell away from anything you don't want eaten. Bumblebee's plastic can't stand up to a solvent, but compare it in tensile, or better yet, flexural loading...TF plastic and yogurt cup plastic aren't in the same class.

sheesh.