Customs: Help me with gold paint.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Valkysas, May 26, 2006.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    My armada prime's gold paint has dulled to a crappy looking brown, and it's flaking off too.

I want to repaint the gold sections, but I want something that will stand out and look nice, something vibrant and bright. I suck at painting, so some form of marker or pen would be best.

I need advice. what should I use? most gold paint markers I've tried have been closer to brown than gold, and pretty watery, coming out clear more than gold.

2. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

i would sand the areas lightly, wash with dawn dish detergent (this is really important, it makes the paint stick), and brush on some testors gold enamel.

the testors metallic enamel paints are very easy to apply with a brush. practice on something else to get the hang of it.

if you have trouble painting after practice, tell your family doctor you have ADHD. he'll get you some ritalin or something. that really works to steady your hands.

lol.

3. MIEDOatómico

MIEDOatómico Member

Yeah, you need a nice oil based paint, like a testors or even some liquid leaf. Like Lord Bacon said, make sure to wash it well to get any oils off of it, this will help the paint stick proper like.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I used testors acrylic metallic gold... and DAMN is it sexy! it covers my Alpha Trion I did recently... its my favorite paint.

5. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

i tried the acrylic. maybe its just been on the shelf too long at walmart, but it always gets all sludgey and won't mix. the enamel works much better.