Help me understand the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hulk23869, Jul 4, 2011.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

There were certain things about the movie I didn't understand, and I have questions. Maybe you guys can help. First, how exactly did Starscream die? Shia took out both of his eyes so he was blind, and then he just kinda thrashed around and killed himself??? Did Bumblebee shoot him in the head, maybe... it was kinda fast. How is it even remotely possible for Shia to rumble with Starscream and Laserbeak, and go through a falling building (while being on the inside and out) and still make it out alive? I know that not all things make sense in movies, but this is stretched a bit too far in my opinion. They said that the movie would redeem itself from ROTF through having more of a 'human' element to it, but that's bs, because when Ironhide was killed, no one shed a tear. Ironhide is an old soldier who fought alongside Optimus and the others for millenia, but no one acknowledges his death? Lenox has been fighting alonside Ironhide for what... six years, and he can't shed a tear?? I would have even been okay with Optimus pulling a one liner out of his ass at the end and saying "this is for Ironhide" as he blew Sentinel away, but we couldn't even get that much for one of the most popular and loved characters. Last but not least, with the whole invasion, it seemed to me as if there were countless warships and decepticons invading Chicago, but only nine autobots and a ragtag team of humans to defeat the threat... I only saw those two little autobots bring down the ark, but what about the other ships? I didnt see them being taken down.. maybe they were transported back to cybertron when the teleportation thingy mah giggy was destroyed? Another gripe I have with the movie is that Prime and Bee get all the attention, with hardly any other bot killing the main cons. Prime kills what, the big skyscraping killer decepticon, shockwave, megs, and sentinel. Bee kills laserbeak, the other bots just kill random unknowns. In my opinion, ROTF was better... maybe I just need to cool down after having high expectations for this one, but it just didnt fit together nicely like the first one did. The 2nd one was above average in my opinion, but I think it was still better than the third. Maybe it warrants a second watch through when it comes out on blu ray. Again, this is just me fuming, but I'm going to say it anyway, if Bay directs a fourth TF movie, then I don't think i'm going to waste another two and a half hours on his bs.

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Seriously?
    My six-year old daughter understood how Starscream ate it.

Try harder.

3. hulk23869

I also want to add that the main reason I loved Beast Wars so much is because of the amazing characterization for each and every character and the depth of emotion going into the deaths of certain characters. That show was created in 96 as a TV cartoon for kids and it managed to do a better job than seven and a half hours of bay's bigscreen millions and millions of dollars of bullshit.

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sam took out Starscream's right eye with his grapple glove he got from Que. After getting thrown into the building, he armed a "boomstick" he also got from Que. Basically an explosive device. He then jumped out the window and jammed it into Screamer's other eye. That's why his head exploded.

Yeah, I do agree that someone should have said something about Ironhide's death. Maybe not a one-liner by Optimus before killing Sentinel, IMO.

5. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Sam stabs Starscream with the glove that has a hook. Then he inserts the bomb that Q gives him in his other eye. When Starscream falls it's because the bomb blew up killing him.

Yes most if not all those ships returned through the space bridge. If you notice once BUmblebee takes out the main pillar the space bridge closes you see them start to go up and eventually through the space bridge.

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    The "BS" is you being unattentive. Sam shot the grappling hook Wheeljaq gave him into Starscreams right eye, and then stabbed the boomstick Wheeljaq gave him into his other eye. The boomstick exploded, blowing Starscreams mind, so to speak.
    Granted, Ironhide did have no recgonition, but then again, they do have a lot of story to tell. There should have been a one liner from someone, but it honestly shouldn't bug you all that much.
    Prime took down a lot of the ships I'm guessing when he was in his flight suit, and the rest were sucked back through the spacebridge when it was knocked out of commision the first time.
    Prime and Bee are the marketing heavy hitters, it's been that way for two movies prior, don't expect that to change. But also don't just ignore the crapload of action sequences others had. Sideswipe, Mirag-io, Wheeljaq, Ironhide, even the Dreads and Soundwave, and Laserbeak, and the Driller and Shockwave, they all had a part to play.
    You do need to cool down, you shouldn't have even had to high of expectations, but this film was about fifty times better then the second. It had plot, and it told the plot it had. It had characters, and it used them. And while it's never fully exposed in the film itself, it all ties together with the past two films.

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Yep, a cartoon series with dozens of episodes over many seasons is such a point of comparison against three two hour movies.
    Of effing course beast wars, or even Animated, or even fricking Prime, is going to have a better told story and character development then a two hour movie.

8. hulk23869

There are many movies where there is plenty of characterization and storytelling through 3, 2.5 hour movies. LOTR for example.

9. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

But Lord of the Rings was based on several long novels. And they even had the benefit of the extended editions to boot.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    LOTR had three 500 page hundred books to based on. No point of comparison there.

11. hulk23869

TF has a rich history, just as well as LOTR. I'm not saying I hate the movie, I'm just asking for something more than what Bay has brought to the table. The giant robot on robot death matches are great. I just want more characterization, plot, storytelling. They can cut out a few of the death matches and have the bots go out for ice cream and talk about their lives. I hope the rumors are true and that Bay does leave the series, I think a new director would be best for the franchise.

12. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for. Fanboys bitched like crazy about Bryan Singer, and when he left, X-Men got Brett Ratner next. New does not always mean better. Half of our franchises put into film have shown that.

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but I couldn't resist, FLAMING TRUKK NOT GODDAMN MUNKY!!!

14. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    How can you compare LOtR to transformers? LOtR had about 85% dialog and 15% action. You can't do that with Transformers.

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    If that happened in a transformers movie I'd walk out of the cinemas. After sleeping through the fucking thing.

16. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Agree

17. hulk23869

but it did happen in the first transformers... it was an entire hour before prime showed up...

And WTF happen to barricade in TF 3? Didn't see him around.

18. darkeclipse

darkeclipse Active Member

you really need to see the movie again if you want to understand it

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because Optimus didn't show up until later in the movie doesn't mean nothing happened. There was Blackout trashing the SOCCENT base, Lennox's team vs Scorponok, Bumblebee vs Barricade and Sam+Mikaela vs Frenzy.

He was with Soundwave during the prisoner execution scene, and again later with some protoform soldiers (when NEST troops shot out his eyes).

20. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you really need to try watching the film again, this time with your eyes and ears open.