Customs: help me shrink animated magnus

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by wasp819, Mar 31, 2009.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I need some sound advice about the best way of getting inbetween 1 inch and 2 inch off of the height of magnus,
    so far my only idea is to chopp the first inch away from the bottom of his legs and moving the feet up (probably will cut out the feet hinge and glue it in the new area

Also any idea of how to make his cab sections smaller - mainly because when i shrink his legs i think the cab section will make him look to broad?

I need the sound advise of you experts who have probably done lots of similar things yourself and have done so by trial and error

Im defo gunna go ahead with this even tho i have no idea what im doing
    also im not bothered about chopping bits away, like all the wheels that sit inside his legs because i only display in robot mode and have no real desire to ever transform him
    thanks for any help given

2. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

How about trying laundry shrinkage? o_O '

What exactly is it you're trying to accomplish by reducing his size? Why are you making him smaller and if you're intending to make him smaller - have you considered how will it affect the proportions?

Chest, head legs and arms are tuned to one another, making him smaller will prolly affect those proportions. (I don't have the toy, so can't make many suggestions beyond that tbh, besides I'm not a kitbasher ;P). I guess you could look at seeing what you can take out of the waist section, or perhaps see if you can't lose the seperation line of his chest?

Is there any way to adjust the alignment of the cab parts rather than adapting the shape itself? Work the joint so you can put 'm horizontal or something?

Either way, I think if you're going to cut bits of specific parts and only those parts, you might risk Gorrilla man, stubby man, or big headed man. >.> Shoulders would be the last thing I'd be concerned about.

3. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    you can move the cab sections up alittle bit which would make them less wider (so that might do)
    I hear ya about the whole gorilla man thing, if you look at leader magnus and megs the only difference in height is because magnus has longer legs, and the fact that his waist section is small enough i dont thing it will be a problem, his arms might pose a problem, we will see when i decide to operate on him