Customs: Help me Radicons, Help me!!!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Kraken, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys, just about to embark on my first couple of repaints, however, I keep seeing everyone on here raving about using Future (Pledge) floor polish as a clear coat and so I went out to buy some. Do you think I could find any anywhere? Could I hell, and I live in the Channel Islands so we don't have any big supermarkets like Sainsburys or Tescos or anything before anyone suggests that I go look there.

So what I would like to ask is if any kind Radicon would please pop out and buy a bottle and pop it in the post for me?!? Obviously I will pay whatever it costs, plus postage and a little on top for your trouble, through Paypal would be easiest for me.

Also, whilst I'm on the subject, I notice that lots of people suggest adding a colour to the stuff and using it to tint windows, so I was wondering has anyone ever tried adding colour before clear-coating over flat black? In my mind it would give a coloured sheen to the black, sort of like a starling wing sort of effect, but I don't know if that's true so I just wanted to know if anyone has tried it (or would like to try it and find out).

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I would think you could simply purchase it online somewhere, man. Have you looked? If not, then I'll move this thread to the requests forum.

EDIT: in ten seconds, I opened a new tab, went to google, searched for this, and got a gazillion hits on places that sell it online. :) 

3. Kraken

News Credits:
    Yep did a couple of searches along the lines of 'Buy Pledge with future online' Got thousands of hits saying how great it is and it's exactly the sort of thing I need, but precious few that actually want to sell it to me, a couple of the highlights were the place that only sells in packs of 6 for $38, which quite frankly from what I've read I'm not gonna even make a dent on one bottle so I passed there, and another place that looked perfect until they wanted to charge me $48 postage, hence the appeal on here. If you want to move this thread to the requests please do by all means, but I'm also quite interested if anyone has tried using the stuff tinted over black and what effect it has.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    have you read our guide on the stuff in the tutorials section? my search query was "future floor finish" and I saw several for 4-6 dollars, though with your location I have no idea what kind of shipping you'll have to deal with.

5. Kraken

News Credits:
    It's OK now, all sorted. My cousin has picked me up a bottle and is sending it over, I'll experiment with the tints myself :D