Help me price this TF: Prime lot (whole thing, not seperate)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Where are you selling these I would like to keep an eye on them if you dont mind of coarse?

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No sales thread or anything, if that's what you meant. I was just trying to price gauge before I even thought of selling them, but shit, if someone PM'd me with 640 this second, they'd be boxed up dropped off at USPS within the hour. :lol 

3. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your RID deluxes seem a little high for being loose but these are still in demand so good luck. I've seen FE Bulkhead yesterday on here sealed for 60 shipped from Asia, but again demand is high so you'll have no problem getting that or more.

4. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TJ, lots tend to go for much less then the individual sum of the parts, especially when they are loose figures. Although Prime toys might be one of the exceptions because of the FEs. Either way I hope you can move it without taking a loss.

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    That's why, once again, I lowered the price below second hand value for even the FEs.

If I were to sell these at full value, even loose, it'd be towards 800. The confusion with that is pretty... I don't even know.

But yea, right now, not even really looking to sell: Was honestly just looking for help pricing this all out, and the input is appreciated from everyone.

6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Also, one more question: Do you all think Ebay would be the easier route?

7. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    For a lot Yes I do think someone will buy it?

On Ebay

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara:

Voyager
    - FE Optimus Prime - 90
    - FE Bulkhead - 60

Deluxe
    - FE Cliffjumper - 40
    - FE Vehicon x4 - 200
    - AM Skywarp - 30

Hasbro:

Voyager
    - FE Bulkhead - 50
    - RID Megatron - 10
    - RID Optimus Prime - 10

Deluxe
    - FE Cliffjumper - 20
    - FE Arcee - 12
    - FE Bumblebee - 6
    - FE Starscream - 10
    - RID Cliffjumper - 5
    - RID Wheeljack - 5
    - RID Ratchet - 12
    - RID Arcee x 2 - 8
    - RID Soundwave - 10
    - RID Bumblebee - 4

If you need to move them now, these prices are probably the most you can hope to get for them give or take a couple bucks.

The Japanese First Edition figures and the Hasbro voyagers are your big guns. I would definitely sell them individually.

Outside of FE Cliffjumper, most of the Prime deluxes are nearly worthless, especially loose. I'd pair some of the good ones with the crappy ones.

For instance:

FE Cliffjumper with RID Bee, and Arcee.
    FE Arcee with FE bee and RID Clifff
    Soundwave with Wheeljack and RID Prime

etc.

It's really hard to get decent amounts for newer toys that are still on shelves. I know when I can't be bothered to waste my time to sell figures for a couple bucks each, I just donate them. A lot of children's hospitals, day cares, youth centers and stuff will accept them and you can take comfort knowing some kids are enjoying them for what they were intended to be, toys.

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Honestly, they're either going in a big lot, or bust, but I definitely agree with what you're saying.

I think, if I sell them, I'll try ebay, and if not on there, just saying screw it, and keeping the collection.

10. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    The Vehicons could snatch $100 each, and the Voyagers would total around $340(Prime: $100 Bulkheads: $120 each). I think 700-800 range is about where you should be.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like selling in lots too. I hate going to the PO. For higher priced lots, Ebay is the way to go! You get more exposure plus it will save you all of the "$5 shipped for the whole lot but can you hold onto it for me for 3 weeks" PMs :lol 

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

It makes perfect sense. Your just way too caught up in not taking a substantial financial hit on this lot. Which. Is. Not. Possible.

But not enough. Your want to take an unrealistically small hit on the FE figures value. If you could get $60-$90 for the valuable FE figures on their own. Forcing someone to buy those PRID with them means your only going to get $30-$60 for those FE figures. The point is sell the FE figures in their own lot, and gamble on being able to sell the PRID at all. Or stick with the whole bunch at once, and unload it for what ever you can get for it. Which realistically is $400.

13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    ITT: Someone telling me what they would personally like to give me rather than the actual value of the lot.

You literally said that the PRID figures bring the FEs down to half of what I listed, meaning I should be selling things like FE Bulkhead and Takara FE Prime at $30.

LoL, no: You make absolutely no logical sense at all. But, I appreciate your input regardless.

14. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Sure it is. Look on ebay. Despite most selling as "sealed" or never opened, selling one loose can still fetch a pretty penny solely based on the fact that the FE figures he has are out of production. Since he's selling the vehicons (for example) at $50 a piece and the MISB ones sell on average for $75 at least.....he can get away with it. Not sure why you're saying it is not possible when it clearly is possible. Especially when people are willing to pay $100 + for the MISB ones. Don't believe me? Check out the completed auctions for FE Vehicons on ebay.

I really do not understand how you mathematically figured that and came to that conclusion. You're assuming something here? Whatever it is, it sure isn't very clear what you're assuming. But I'm not going to rack my brain trying to figure out something that really does not make any sense whatsoever despite you saying it does without showing how you came to that conclusion.

Honestly, if you read his first post, he said he wasn't going to be bothered to make multiple trips to the post office. I really don't know why that one simple point has been ignored so much in this thread..............

15. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

If you want to make maximum proffit do the FE stuff separate.

If you want to make about $4-500, sell them as a lot on Ebay.

You can argue all you like, but until the rubber hits the road it's
    all talk.

I tell you what. Post the link for the lot on Ebay here and if you break $550
    before shipping I will personally mail you a "Hamilton" and admit I was wrong.
    But if it doesn't you have to return the favor.

Deal?

16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I actually just fwded you a PM offer for $600. Looks like that's that.

But, I don't want your money: I wouldn't buy toys in the first place if I wasn't employed. However, I would like to kindly ask you to actually contribute to the thread rather than the e-posturing and phony-gambling seen in this post. :) 

17. DolphinMoo

DolphinMoo Well-Known Member

I think this is a nice deal. It saves you a lot on purchasing the FE separately (shipping cost adds up).

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Noo!! say it ain't so, TJ! :cry : :cry : The we wont be getting anymore awesome Prime shots!

19. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

>>Yawn...

I have all of that stuff and then some. I lucked out and was able to
    get all that I wanted before the TFP-FE market got too crazy.

For the record I wasn't BS'ing you sir. If it breaks $550, them sweet,
    sweet ten simoleons and a hit to my pride are yours. Scouts honor.
    But if it doesn't...

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    1.) No one asked what figures you have. Irrelevant.

2.) I just forwarded you a message with an offer of $600. Sower lemons, scouts honor, relevancy, literacy... none of that matters anymore. Your point was negated once that happened. Where is your confusion on this stemming from?

So, anyways, I'm thinking Ebay may be the route. I priced it, with a B.I.N., and the fees were less than 50, so I can't complain.

And WSX... I know! I just can't keep up anymore. People are posting pics of wave three and I'm not even ready to look for that stuff yet! :( 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.