Help me pick please.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RisingPhoenix86, Apr 5, 2011.

1. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Growing up in the late 80's and early 90's I used to own some figures and I wanna get back into buying a few. Not many maybe a handful or so. I really have always loved Soundwave, Ravage and Starscream. What line or lines are best for pure awsome quailty and paint for those figures. Nothing that cost an arm and a leg though, my wife would kill me lol.

2. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

You should get a classics ravage or music label ravage. classics ravage turns into a cassete but Device label turns into a working usb. For starscream get classics starsscream. and also get music label soundwave or war for cybertron soundwave difference is that music label soundwave turns into a music player that actually plays music and war for cybertron just is a cybertronian version of him. here are some pics

Classics Ravage review:

Music label Soundwave review:

Device label Ravage review:

Classics Starscream review:

War for cybertron review:

Hope this helped

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Thanks man, Seems like thats a good place to start. Also the wfc Soundwave I was checking out in walmart and it looked like a solid figure. I loved the look of him. So hes pretty much bought when I can get extra money.

I do have a Ravage from my childhood still. Not sure if its g1 or not. It doesnt fold up into a casset and its not skinny like the casset one. But I do know its from the late 80's or early 90's and cant seem to find pics of it anywhere online. It resembles the usb device one but its not that one. It has a skinny tail I beleave red eyes and folds up into a box or something. Metal body and plastic tail. Trying to remember but it is kinda hard, its at my mothers house someplace in my childhood stuff she has. Any idea if anyone knows what im talking about or am I crazy? lol Id love to buy a new one eventuly since I chewed on the tail when I was a youngan.

4. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Can you post pics? that would be most helpful

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd definitely go for the WFC Soundwave. It's a great figure all around. There's a Legends-class movie Ravage that a lot of people seem to like, plus he's nice and cheap. There hasn't been a classic style Starscream at retail in a while though, so he's pricey.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

what about g1 reissues? these are two less expensive versions. i love both of mine.

1. soundwave toys r us exclusive comes with laserbeak and ravage. he is actually the soundblaster mold with a larger capacity tape deck, but he looks perfect. :) 

2. starscream "22" takara reissue is identical to the original release.

for "classics" versions i just picked up a music label soundwave. its a working mp3 player. i still prefer the g1 cassettes of laser beak and ravage though.

the best starscream chug is either the 2nd usa release (aka universe version) or the henkei. they arent cheap.

if i had to pick, those are the versions id choose fro myself. :) 

7. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Sadly I dont have any pics of it and cant get any at the moment. My mother lives in Connecticut and im in Illinois and ill be moving to Oklahoma in a few weeks. Oh well its not big deal. Was jsut wondering if someone knew what I was talking about. Thanks to everyone with your input.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I have a couple of questions that could help us all out a little bit:
    1. Do you care that they're in proper scale with each other?
    2. Can we get an estimate as to what your definition of "an arm and a leg" is? Basically, how much are you willing to spend on these three toys?
    3. Are you picky about them having the same alt modes as their original incarnations, or can you branch off?
    4. Are you particularly looking for the blocky G1 aesthetic, or are you okay with a bit of change?

9. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Knowing what you want to spend would help. what about MP Starsceam?

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Music Label Soundwave and Classics or Music Label Ravage. Laserbeak from the Titanium Soundwave is great aswell.

11. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Im not picky about sizes. I prefer larger scaled figures, delux or larger. Also dont care if they are in scale to one another. Suprisingly ive had my eye on Ravage from the rotf line. For some reason I like his design lol. I would say max $50 so nothing spectactular, just something that looks badass and is durable. Thats all. Im even open to customs if anyone has a good website to refer me to. Thanks :) 

12. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
  13. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

So, if size, aesthetic and alt-mode don't really matter to you, that makes our lives a whole lot easier. Go ahead and grab a ROTF Ravage, he's not hard to find. Generations Cybertronian Soundwave also would be to your liking. As for Starscream, you could either go with the Deluxe figure coming out for the third Bay movie, or you could try to find a Universe Starscream. That's really your best option for the price. Alternatively, you could pop a bit above your budget and grab a Masterpiece Starscream.

14. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I think that fig looks very cool.

If you wanna stay in the masterpiece line for cheap walmart skywarp is very affordable, hey and you can maybe find a radicon'ner artist to transform him into starscream.

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

17. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    That Masterpiece Starscream will sell a lot more than 50 bucks and the shipping is $25.
    I've only been collecting for a few months and know the feeling of not being sure what to get. My advice would be to do your research before you start buying this way you dont start collecting multiple lines and then spend a lot more than you intended to.
    As others have said, the WFC Soundwave is a cool piece and so is the WFC Megatron. I got both with custom paint jobs on eBay for about $15 bucks each. Keep an eye on the forums for good deals and also on eBay but most of the good stuff sells for a pretty penny on eBay. Most of the classics and generations figures are pretty cheap IMO and the best bang for your bucks is the Masterpiece line but you'd have to spend 70-120 depending on which ones you get.

18. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

19. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits: