Help me out: What figure to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyjos, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Ok, I got 2 $3 off Coupons from Hasbro and I have my mind set on using those two on two Deluxe Figures that I really want to get.

However there are so many that have just come out that I really want to get [having read a few reviews on each of the figures] I need some advice on what would really be the best figure to get.

Currently on my to get list:

Transformers Animated Blurr
    Transformers Animated Samurai Prowl
    Transformers Animated Waspinator
    Transformers Animated Voyager Skywarp
    Transformers Animated Voyager Lugnut
    Transformers Animated Voyager Shockwave
    Transformers Universe Cyclonus
    Transformers Universe Starscream
    Transformers Universe Hound and Ravage

After I get the stuff I'm buying off TFW next month I pretty much will have limited funds to get stuff so I just want everyone's input on what are the better figures to get [Playability, Appearance, you know is it worth using a coupon on]

Two I do have on my mind to get with my Coupons are Animated Blurr and Universe Cyclonus.

Samurai Prowl looks awesome and the pictures I've seen of him out of package make me want to get him even more. Universe Starscream I want to get him since I really would like to have a Classics Screamer next to my Acid Storm. Hound and Ravage look great too plus it's a 2 pack which those always rate high in my to get lists since they usually are the better choice.

Waspinator I want cause well..he's Waspinator! Even though he's sorta low on my really want list compared to the others. Blurr I want cause he looks awesome in vehicle mode, I'm not sure about his robot mode but he'd go great with the other 2 Blurrs I have from other series -Cybertron and a G1 Blurr.

Lugnut is one of the few voyagers I have on my to get list to go with Blitzwing. I like to get partners sometimes depending on if I like them enough and It just wouldn't look good to have Blitzwing alone without his buddy.

Skywarp I want to get cause he's a seeker and you can never have too many of those, I already have Animated Starscream and will try to get the next seeker due out when he comes out.

Shockwave, of course I want to get the Target Exclusive one that's coming out later for his G1 Paint Scheme. The Current one looks ok, but I will probably wait till I have a bit more cash to get him.

Only reason why I don't get that many Voyager class figures is the price for that $20 I could get 2 Deluxes. And since I'll be limited big time on what I can spend or if I can spend at all in a few months deciding on what I want to get the most takes priority.

Those of you who have the figures I have on the list I'd like to hear your thoughts on this too that would help out greatly in me making my final decision!

2. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    id go universe hound and cyclonus

3. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blurr and Cyclonus are probably the best figures on that list with Hound not far behind. I can't give judgement on Waspinator or Samurai Prowl because I don't own them, but Blurr and Cyclonus are awesome.

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Cyclonus & Lugnut are two of my all-time favorites.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    its upto u really, thats wat i always think when i see this kinda thread.. which figure do u like best? i'd personally go for hound and cyclonus.. or animated blurr and samurai prowl.. but u should go for the figures u like best... theyre for you!

6. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    IMHO Hound is the best deluxe of this year

7. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1)Transformers Universe Cyclonus

2-A)If you don't already have a TFA Prowl then get Samurai Prowl second.

2-B)If you already have a TFA Prowl get Transformers Universe Hound and Ravage.

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd get Blurr and Shockwave, they're both awesome. Other than those two, if you don't have the original Prowl then get Samurai Prowl and if you don't want to wait for Henkei Hound than the Universe one will do quite well instead. Though I'm not a Cyclonus fan, it seems to be a big hit on here so if you like the look of the Universe version, you should consider that as well.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Save yourself a couple bucks off of the Voyagers. It's not like Deluxes are financial suicide, just pick them up at whichever store you like.

10. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I'd go for Hound or Cyclonus.

11. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, what he said.

12. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

I already have a TFA Prowl...he was one of the first Animated Figs I got,and the Samurai Prowl just looks awesome. That's the only reason that he's even in the lineup cause that armor just makes him frigging cool.

I have been wanting TFU Cyclonus ever since I saw the preview pics a few months back of the prototype...and the fact he's a targetmaster has won me over with him.

I may have to think a bit more on this...I can't get any of the japanese versions which kinda sucks cause some of them look good but I'd rather avoid buying online since I am getting tired of always waiting for my bots to get here. So after I finish my last online buying stuff for 2009 It'll all be stuff I either can find in store or on clearance.

Only way I'll possibly be able to get a voyager is if they are on clearance and I'm sure the stores will have the leftovers on clearance and I may find Lugnut Cheaper than usual.