Help Me Out Here...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jerky123, Dec 25, 2008.

1. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    I hust got 100 dollars to Walmart for X-Mas and I don't know what to spend it on, so I want you guys to recomend some things.
    Info:
    Only interested in store bought Universe and Animated
    Alredy has Waves 1-4 of Ani. and Hound,Twins,Cyclonus,Acidstorm, and Octane of Uni.

Please help. Thanks!

2. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

too bad you can't spend it at ebay. i recomend the "twins" (by twins i mean jf and js) because there awsome, although there not coming to my target until march.

3. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    No i don't mean those twins, by that I mean Side Swipe and Sun Streaker

4. ilikepuppies

ilikepuppies Mighty Muggs Make Me Mad

wait till wreck gar and universe combiner sets come out and get those?

5. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Get Universe Inferno for sure.

6. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Check out Walmart.com, sometimes they have stuff that isn't in the stores, and you can use your cards on the site

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    This will probably get moved to the TF Toy Discussion, but I'd certainly recommend getting Univ Anniv Prime. That will chew up about $70 of your gift card, but if you love G1 at all and you don't already own a G1 Prime or a reissue, you really should consider getting it.

But if I got a $100 gift card for WMT, I'd use it on gas. I'm cheap like that.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Spending that much money on 1 single Tf is just stupid, and that repaint isn't all that great, the Encore Version is far superior.

Might I actually suggest saving it until the newer waves come out, and yes as LION suggested use it on WAL-MART.com considering that's what those cards were built for in the first place :D 

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Whoa. I wonder how many fans you just called "stupid" by saying that...

No telling how many fans have bought single vintage TFs for much more than $100.

The Encore version is also an import, costs upwards of $100 after S&H fees are applied (if it's still actually in stock, that is -- BBTS is already sold out of them).

Normally I wouldn't recommend spending that much on a newer TF either. I usually wait on items like that because they'll likely be clearanced later, like MP Prime and DVD Prime. But the Univ 25th Prime has been in extremely short supply and/or sold out at all the WMTs and Targets in my area. I visited nearly two dozen different locations and found only 4, and 3 of those had horrible paint aps (the truck cab was actually pinkish), and the other the box looked like it had been run over by a pallet jack.

If that's the case in other areas, and you don't already own a G1, G2, or TRU reissue, this is a good option for getting one still MISB.

I finally found one at Target yesterday and went ahead and bought it, but the box corners are all dinged up. If I find a better one (or on clearance) within 90 days of my receipt, I'll get a refund.

But I'm not stupid. I've only waited 25 years to own a G1-style prime MISB, and this is the next best thing. No way am I ever going to be able to afford an original now -- even a loose one complete will set you back about $100. Heck, even the TRU reissue MISB sells for between $150-200.