HELP ME!! I'm Getting Swept Up By The ROTF Toyline!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Mar 9, 2009.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Dammit! I wasn't going to do it......I told myself that I wasn't going to do it. I got burned by the 2007 movie line. I got swept up in the hype of the 2007 line and ended up with a bunch of crappy toys in the process. I have since gotten rid of most of my 2007 movie toys. All I kept were my Deluxe Bumblebees, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Wreckage, Landmine, and Big Daddy. and my Voyager Primes.

I told myself I wasn't going to pick up ANY ROTF toys. Then I saw pics of Leader Prime and Deluxe Bumblebee.......I told myself "OK I'll get those two when they come out and THATS IT."

Then the news of the cancellation of TFA came out. The ROTF hype was largely to blame for all of this. Retailers or Hasbro (or both) were putting all of their eggs in ROTF's basket and leaving Animated hung out to dry.

This made me swear to myself that I would NOT buy anything ROTF related. I was very bitter due to the death of my 2nd favorite TF cartoon/toyline of all time. ROTF was to blame.

My issue of Toyfare with the preview of ROTF toys in it came in the mail......and I saw pics of Starscream, Bumblebee, Leader Prime, and Soundwave......and I had to have them when they come out!!

I was kind of "so-so" on the Soundwave preview until I saw the bio in the News and Rumors forum and that made the figure that much cooler!!

Then, I saw reviews by Peaugh and company for ROTF Leader Class Prime......and Voyager Fallen......and Voyager Starscream.......and Deluxe Soundwave........and Deluxe Sideswipe. I'm hooked. These figures look simply AWESOME. PLEASE make it stop!! J/K.

So is there anyone out there in the same boat I am? What do you think?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think the ROTF line is shaping up quite nicely. I don't blame ROTF for Animated's death, it was something we knew was coming for a long time, but with the economy as it is and just the general situation TFs as a whole is in, sure it's sad, but it's not like Animated getting cancelled has UNDONE the three seasons of the show and all the toys we've gotten.

The engineering that has gone into these ROTF toys is astounding, especially on guys like Prime, HA BB and Starscream. I'm very happy to be a Transformers fan.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    My condolences.:lol 

4. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Close your eyes and don't look back.

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Get back to me in 2010 when you're selling off your RotF figures like you did with your 07 movie figures.

I for one, have learned my lesson.

6. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I have learned my lesson as well. I, unlike the OP, haven't sold any of my TFTM toys off but have them sitting, rather neglected on a shelf of non importance (save a few jems from the line).

That's the lesson that I plan on taking with me into ROTF. Sure, there's some great looking figures so far, but I plan on showing some restraint and not going ape shit crazy for them like I did with the first movie. Like those few jems that I have from the old movie, those are all I'll be picking out of the ROTF line. And, just like the the neglected ones sitting on my shelf, that's what most of the ROTF line will be doing as well.... just not on my shelf.

7. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I don't see wat's so bad about the first movie line. Although not perfect, I think they encapsulate what TF is meant to be above all; vehicles that exist in the real world that transform into robots. Alternators was the last real line that we have seen in this category. Oh let me not forget Masterpiece.

I hear you in regards to hoping that I wouldn't have the desire to buy another Prime. But on sold on ROTF Prime, he is way way way BA. Nice job Hasbro!

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Eh. I passed on the '07 Movie line. I think the movie is great, but the designs didn't translate into good toys. That and I was pissed about Classics getting the axe.

But I think that's changed greatly with ROTF. The toy designs look much more movie-accurate and just all around better. I think it'll be a much better experience this time around.

That said, I'm still passing on most of the line. I only plan on getting Starscream and Leader OP. Hopefully I stick to that.

9. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ditto. So far I haven't seen a single thing from ROTF that I'm even the slightest bit interested in. I'm sure the toys are fine, but it's the designs they're based on that turn me off. I still have a bunch of 07 movie toys to get rid off. I thought about selling them but the effort of correspondence, packaging and shipping seems to outweigh what they are actually worth. Currently they're in a box that will shortly be donated to a local thrift store. :) 

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Classics was ALWAYS supposed to end right before the movie. It was a filler line made for keeping Transformers on the shelves in between Cybertron and Movie stuff.

11. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I'm still too bitter to see ROTF as a main line for me to collect. Oh, no doubt I'll get some, but it'll never feel quite... quite as good as it should've, you know? I'm trying very hard to get over the bitterness, I honestly am, but i look at MP Grimlock and think "Wow. It's crap." :(  I need some pills. ^^

And like Counterpunch? said - looking back at the first movie line... it was all hype, wasn't it? There were some great toys, sure, but these days I hardly ever touch any of them. It's like a bad marriage. ^^

12. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Help you how? By providing you my paypal address so you can send me all your money instead of spending it on this toy line? If that's what it comes to...

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i learned my lesson with the first movie line. which doesn't even get a shelf, they got a box and will be going up on ebay soon with a $1 buy it now, the designs are not visually appealing to me whatsoever, sure i like the movie, but until they can give me a prime with 10,000 something pieces that move to tf, the toy is inaccurate lol, it's just hype again, and i for one am glad of the brreak

14. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah i feel the same way i am really starting to like this line alot!

15. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't be ashamed of it, there's some fantastic movie toys coming up, I'm not really sad to see Animated go as there's plenty of ROTF goodness coming for me. :) 
    Leader Prime in particular is drool worthy.

16. munkimus prime

munkimus prime Active Member

I like the line aswell but right now there are only 3 figures that I really want. There maybe more when more pics are released.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    The crack club strikes again:lol 

18. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    LOL.....that's the simplest and best way to describe it!!

19. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

me too. looks like im gonna eat what i said before that im gonna pass on all the new movie toys. after seeing prime, sideswipe and the others, damn, im gonna be broke again!

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Also, I've decided I'm getting the deluxe twins. Their vehicle modes are too nice and the robot modes are just too ugly/strange/creative/FUHK'D^ not to own. (plus, the transformations really look cool)