Help me ID an old anime

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Omik, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

Alright, I don't have much to go, as I'm trying to help my friend ID an anime he watched when he was little. It was one of the giant robot series with a really long name, supposedly one word. That's all he knows at the moment, though he may get some more out of his mom later. This would have been around the late 80's or early 90's.

It means a lot to my friend and I'm a little annoyed that I don't know what it is. It's not voltron, gigantor, or robotech. Thanks for the help.

~Omik

EDIT: This was in the United States (VT, I think) and the enemies were some form of giant monster, probably aliens.

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Robotech??? that's kinda long

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its pretty much impossible to find out what it was with just that info... cant he remember anything else? what the plot was, how the robot looked, characters? enemies?

4. OGoldwings

OGoldwings The Lost Little Autobot

Also tell us what country he saw this in as well...just in case it was something that didn't jump the pond.

5. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

EDIT: updated at the top with a little more info.

oh, and for a fun time, watch the new gigantor opening theme on youtube or something and see how long it gets stuck.

6. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I know that this here is live action instead of anime, but something tells me this might work (although I may be wrong), but.... Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad? or maybe The Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills? ... *shutters*

7. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Could have been Tranzor Z/Mazinger Z (English name/Original name), Voltus V/Voltes V, one of the Force 5 series (Grandizer/Grendizer, Dangard Ace, Gaiking, Spacekeeters/Starzinger, Starvengers/Getter Robo/Getter Robo G). It could have been Macron 1/Go-Shogun. I'm not sure if any of those aired at that time though (they all originally aired in the early to mid eighties, but could have been rerun).

8. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

I'll run those by him; I saw robotech in the 93, which was quite a while after it was first made.

9. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which one ?
    [​IMG]