help me get through my pile of shame

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ok, so believe it or not, this is mostly a list of dreamcast/ps2/xbox games, with some current games thrown in the mix. I want to get as many games finished as I can in the shortest amount of time. so I'm looking for a consensus as to how long it would take to finish the following games, not necessarily with like %100 completion, but finishing the game and any (if applicable) important side quests/missions/etc.

here's the list:

ecco:defender of the future
    skies of arcadia
    kingdom hearts 2
    final fantasy 10
    final fantasy 12
    shenmue 2
    star wars: knights of the old republic
    little big planet 2
    fallout 3
    assassin's creed 2

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Little Big Planet 2?! The main story will take you a few hours, 4 to 6 hours around. Though the online content is where it shines and never ends, but you meant just the actual single player campaign. Kingdom Hearts 2 won't take you long at all, but it's a cool rpg you'll like. Took me around 12 hours to beat.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wait, so kingdom hearts 2 isn't like all of the other squaresoft rpgs that take like 70+ hours to beat?!?

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Knights of the Old Republic will take a bit, but it's quality. One of Bioware's best.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Kingdom Hearts 2 (and 1) isn't a true RPG in the conventional sense. Its a hack and slash with RPG elements. For story alone, it'll take about 30 to 40 hours tops.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

you know, I was going to go with ecco because it's the most unique of my titles, but I've been afraid of it because I've heard how frustrating it is and easy to get lost in the game. sounds like kingdom hearts it will be!

7. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Not so much, it can take up to fifty to sixty hours to complete mostly everything, but a quick playthrough with only abit of grinding can get you through the entire game easily in less than fifteen hours.

8. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Skies of Arcadia. Yep, you're going to be doing this for a while. I was suprised by the amount of depth in this game.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fallout 3? Hell, if you want to do all of the sidequests and the main story...20 hours minimum I'd say.

10. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

The Final Fantasies on your list will take a very long time, but they're worth it. 30-40 hours for just the story, unless you're really speeding through, or over 100 hours each if you really want to do everything.

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, that's kind of my problem. I got all of these games because I KNOW they're good, but my job now eats up like 60 hours a week, so I don't have that much time to really dive into them.

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, I completely get you. I have a damned heavy schedule as well that really clamps down on gaming hours. The best advice I can give you (and this is what I do) is not to buy any new ones until you've played through your backlog. Any releases that you miss you'll easily be able to pick up later for cheaper, and you'll have the satisfaction of having played all of those awesome games.

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I'd warn against playing Ecco on its own. Play it while you have another game to switch to and calm down because otherwise you're going to shave a few years off your life and find you've not only pulled out all of your hair, but probably broken all of your controllers.