Help me find these types of games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Nightrain, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I really don't know what to buy these days. I'm open to buying any system, but for now I only have PC, DS, and JPN PS2. I decided to try describing what kind of games I want and see if the gamers here can give any suggestions.

-First of all, I've always enjoyed any futuristic game of any genre. By that I mean, games involving flying cars and tall metallic buildings and gadgets that one can only dream of having. Not post-apocalypse stuff though.

-I'll buy any good wrestling game.

-Starship/fighter games. There used to be a flood of those, but it seems like it died down thanks to FPSs. Preferably in space and involving large battleships.

-And, naturally, I've always liked mech games. I really hope there will be a game based on TF07. But until then, I hope there's something to hold me over.

-Fighting games. Yup.

-Finally, super-hero platformers. Marvel/DC/TMNT/Megaman, that sort of thing.

I'm not asking for a comprehensive list or anything. Just ideas on any of these types of games for any current or future system. A good opportunity if you want to sell me on PS3 or 360, or if you're just plain bored. Thanks!:drunk 

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    ANY Armored Core game. Since your PS2 is japanese, you can also pick up the excellent A.C.E games. They're done by From Software (Armored Core), and feature tons of famous japanese mecha.

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Superman returns-comes out in Nov.Superman meets GTA and Spiderman2 the game
    Transformers Armada Good TF game
    Decent:Freespace PC Spacesim
    MetalGearSolid 1,2,or 3 PS2 MetalGearSolid 4 ps3 sometime in 2007
    Smackdown vs Raw 2007 WWE/F wrestling
    Fear:First Encounter Assault Recon FPS

4. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Fighting games: There's always Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 2, and the 2 Street Fighter Collections

Mech Games: How about Front Mission 4. It's a strategy RPG

5. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Mortal Kombat armageddon
    Its a fun game that doesn't require a degree in nerd videogaminomics to enjoy.

6. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

For fighting games you have to buy Street Fight Alpha Anthology. Simply the best game on the PS2.

As for starfighters, Star Trek: Shattered Universe on the PS2/Xbox is pretty awesome. A new one just came out called Star Trek Encounters, and it's a space shoot-em up, and it's pretty cheap as well. You can't go wrong with any of the Star Wars Starfighter games. And while it might not be set in space, Skygunner on the PS2 is a pretty good flight-combat game.

As for platformers.... well... the Jak series is the best ever made, followed by the Ratchet and Sly Cooper series. If it's Mega Man you want, just pick up the collections (Mega Man Anniversery Collection and Mega Man X Collection).The TMNT games are kind of short, but I've only played the first one on the PS2/GC. As for super heroes, I do believe Marvel Ultimate Alliance is coming out soon (or is out).

7. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

8. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Thanks for the above poster's suggestion of that new Star Trek game ("Star Trek Encounters") - at that price it's hard to say no, and the reviews on Amazon are positive.

As for Starship/starfighter games, the StarFox series is always good for some amusement. You can play a demo of the GameCube game ("StarFox Assault") at most retailers, and remember, the Wii will be backwards-compatible with GameCube if you don't care to buy a GameCube. I haven't played the DS StarFox game, and the reviews on Amazon are mixed, but I'd give it a chance, esp. since you already have a DS.

Fighting games: if you get a Wii, get "Super Smash Bros. Melee." It's cheap. And there's another one coming. They're great fun.

I echo the sentiments on the Transformers Armada ("Transformers") game on the PS2. It could've been better, but it's still fun, and there's really something to be said for being able to transform at will and blast lots of things.

As for platformers, I can also recommend the Mega Man collections, but be careful: the GameCube version (of "Mega Man Anniversary Collection," at least) has screwed-up controls. Don't forget the Super Mario Bros games - "New Super Mario Bros." on the DS is a good time. I've heard good things about the "X-Men Legends" games, and they're cheap now too.

That's all I've got.