Help me find some good Offline/Online Coop games.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is the thing. I am not talking about Offline Coop games, or online Coop games. I am talking about Halo 3, Warhawk or Resistance, and Crimson Skies. These games allowed for you and a friend (in the case of Warhawk "You and 3 friends") to play on the same couch online with friends elsewhere.

In other words, I am looking for games that my fiance and I can play splitscreen (or on the same screen) with other people online.

I know Borderlands is offline coop, but can two players splitscreen play with two others online?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    isn't my thread sorta of the same question? As all sitting on the same couch is what I meant by local co-op.

Halo 3 and Halo ODST are the only things that spring to mind. As you and your missus can play on the same machine and still join other people online. COD3 does it too but that's an oldie no-one plays.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kinda, but I meant a specific little nitch where two people can be offline and play with people online, not just offline. For example, Sacred 2 allows me and her to play offline 2 players, but the two of us can't join an online game together. People were suggesting RE5, which doesn't count because the game is only two players, so it defeats the purpose.

I already knew about Halo, and we played Warhawk and Resistance 2 already. I really hope that Borderlands is like this, but since this style of multiplayer is not really named, it's hard to tell if a game has it or not until it's purchased or rented.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i been kinda wonderin the same actually. me n my cousin like playing online a lot

Halo's about the only games i can think of that do this for the xbox [which sucks!]

i wish Call of Duty's online was guest-capable