Help me find a tablet by tomorrow

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ILoveDinobot, Nov 25, 2011.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I need some help. I need a tablet for school, but I also want to have some media on there as well.

So to specify, I need a tablet under $200, about 8GB, can download some apps, play music, watch videos, and mostly using for e-reading, and possibly 7 hours or more of battery life. Since it is Black Friday tomorrow I was hoping to get a good deal on something. Anyone know anything that fits that?

ALSO ALSO I am tech retarded, I am not a computer person, I can't even wifi my Nintendo DS without calling up a friend. So something simple to use would be awesome.

Thanks for any help, I really need this for class, the professor won't let us use notes for stats but it's ok to use computers, phones and ipads/ipods that have graphing calculators and such. :|

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own a Dell streak 7(Wifi) running Android 3.2

they're Cheap and I'm currently using it to help with my Japanese Homework.

you can tie it in with your daily schedule, and the battery last all day for me.

only the Wifi models can run 3.2 and that's the only software I recommend for that Tablet because 2.6(froyo) sucked bearings.

The Streak 7 does all you want above but has 16 GB of space for you to use ;)  the video player... meh. The music player makes up for it though.

3. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

If you are looking cheap, I would look to find a HP touchpad. You should be able to get a 16 gig version for less than $200.

It has a great video player and music player.

You have access to a small store and a large and growing open source store.

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Waiting until now to get the what you need probably wasn't the wisest choice.

5. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What?! That doesn't sound right. I've heard of things being the other way, but there is no way you should not be able to take notes in almost any class, let alone a stats class. I would be complaining to the department, and if not them, then higher up the chain. That's utterly ridiculous.

In terms of a tablet under 200$, the blackberry playbook has been discounted 300$ to 200$ for the 16gb version if you can find one where you are. It's not the best tablet in the world, but it might do the trick for you.