Help me find a piece of furniture for my small figures...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wajo357, May 4, 2009.

1. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I have this small area off of the stairs to my attic which would be a great place to hold my small figures. Since this is the attic, the ceiling curves and I can't fit anything high on this area. The area is about 3' x 3'. The picture below is the only picture I have currently of that area (I can take more if necessary).

[​IMG]

Someone told me about the IKAE JARNA CD/DVD set (seen here: WeeToySoldiers.com :: View topic - Ikea's Järna Glass-Door Wall Cabinet) and it seems to be exactly what I want. I could put two of them on the two walls (one wall is to the right of the picture). The problem is that the JARNA series is not sold anymore!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I require that whatever you suggest be able to be closed with a glass door. I also want shelves small enough for small figures.

Thanks in advance for your help...

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dude, if your thread has to do with TOYS in any way, please put it in the TOY DISCUSSION forum.

3. Wajo357

News Credits:
    In my mind it had to do with furniture. Sorry.

4. Wajo357

News Credits:
    anybody? :( 

5. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Not sure if this will help, but one thing I've found is that the best keywords to use when looking for display-case-type furniture are "curio cabinet." For the longest time I was typing "display case" into Amazon and Craigslist, and coming up with pretty limited results. On Craigslist, "display case" seems to most often denote counter-style cases that were used at retail stores... not really the ideal thing for displaying action figures.

But as soon as I started looking for "curio cabinets," a LOT more results came up. Many of these cabinets are specifically designed for displaying collections, and some have nice features like mirrored backs and lighting.

When I look on Amazon for curio cabinets, these are the results that appear:

Amazon.com: curio cabinet

I bet there are some local stores in your area that sell things like this, as well.

Good luck!

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If it was me I'd buy some wood and toughened glass and make some. Then they'll fit exactly where you want.
    But then that's just me and my DIY way. :) 

7. Wajo357

News Credits:
    Thanks! That is actually helpful :)