Help me figure out if some Takara-USA Dinosaur toys ever existed.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by netkid, Mar 12, 2011.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    This has been bugging me for years now.

Basically back in 2005 Takara decided to sell it's own products in the USA. One such product was their ever famous Microman toyline, another was a new Dinosaur toy line called "Jurassica."

The rc pterannodon & loch ness were made and I saw them in stores, but the other 3 toys I never saw.

Help me figure out if the other 3 toys ever existed.

Takara-USA had it's own website(it is no longer up-otherwise I would have posted pictures) and on that website they had very nice pictures and videos of all 5 toys. Each video would show you how they operated. The wind-ups in particular were very well made and almost looked animatronic due to how well they moved.

They also had a product locator so you could find out specifically where to buy these toys at. It kept telling me I could find them at a local farm/tourist place but I never had a chance to visit the place(I don't even remember the name of the place). I do remember one local hobbyshop that got in Takara's line of animatronic birds (http://toyfair05.asmzine.com/companies/other/tf05-takara-usa/images/foto91.html) and animatronic WWII fighter planes(http://toyfair05.asmzine.com/companies/other/tf05-takara-usa/images/foto35.html), which were other products being offered by Takara-USA.

Please help me find more images of the 3 wind-up toys(and maybe even the videos) so I can help give a better idea of what they looked like. I was thinking that maybe some old Toyfair coverage from 2005 might yield some evidence of these toys. Thanks.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    UPDATE: I updated the first post with pictures of all the products.